AniNate

Joy | David O. Russell | Christmas 2015 | New Trailer on Page 20!

On 12/9/2015, 11:18:50, 4815162342 said:

No.

It is very good but come on, one of the best ever? Cease the hyperbole.

You know Halba doesn't watch movies and let his emotions get in the way, he deals strictly with numbers #factsonly #nohyperbolehere

47 minutes ago, bladels said:

Inside Out has 98% and 9.0 average too.

RT is not a measure for Oscar.

inside out belongs in the animated category. its not live action drama.

RT usually is a measure of an oscar. 12 years a slave won BP, and had a very high RT score.

Look at some past winners e.g. Gravity for Best director, very high RT. also argo rt was 96%.

Edited by Halba

3 hours ago, Halba said:

inside out belongs in the animated category. its not live action drama.

RT usually is a measure of an oscar. 12 years a slave won BP, and had a very high RT score.

Look at some past winners e.g. Gravity for Best director, very high RT. also argo rt was 96%.

IO is a comedy-drama adventure film. It has a real shot at best picture nominee. But in spite of being tie with Spotlight in both % and average on RT, it's never gonna win BP.

Boyhood has 98% and 9.2 average and it still lose.

The Blind Side gets a BP nominee despite its 66% RT and and 6.1 average.

RT is not a measure for Oscar.

First third is so slow and boring, two of my friends walked out of the theatre to watch Spectre instead.

It then picks up again and is incredibly emotional/inspiring (one scene, a happy one, as well as a sad one made me tear up)

The ending is fine but I felt like it was kind of abrupt and really brushed over.

Dialogue can get really cheesy and contrived sometimes.

Jennifer Lawrence is SO good in this and saves what is kind of an OK movie. Everyone else are good in their roles but don't have much to do, though I loved the nan's character and the best friend's character.

• Like 1

This is flopping, for sure. It won't even be the kind of solid counter programming that saves films like Mamma Mia! and The Devil Wears Prada against the blockbusters they had to fend off (The Dark Knight and Superman Returns ). The behemoth that is The Force Awakens is too four quadrant for women to care about some silly story about overcoming the odds on your way to mop-inventing glory.

Just now, Cochofles said:

This is flopping, for sure. It won't even be the kind of solid counter programming that saves films like Mamma Mia! and The Devil Wears Prada against the blockbusters they had to fend off (The Dark Knight and Superman Returns ). The behemoth that is The Force Awakens is too four quadrant for women to care about some silly story about overcoming the odds on your way to mop-inventing glory.

Yeah thats what I'm concerned about.  Star Wars is something everybody flocking to.  Not about a woman who invented the mop.  And it will impact other movies for the next few months as people keep repeatedly watch Star Wars and avoid others.

• Like 1

Just now, Klingo said:

Yeah thats what I'm concerned about.  Star Wars is something everybody flocking to.  Not about a woman who invented the mop.  And it will impact other movies for the next few months as people keep repeatedly watch Star Wars and avoid others.

Exactly. Whether we like it or not, SW long ago stopped being a niche thing. Heck, was it ever a niche property? At this point, all ages, gender/gender expressions, and all walks of life are part of the vortex, and then you have those who could not care less but will see the film just to see what the big deal is about or to not be out of the loop. See, if Joy were competing against any other blockbuster property, even Marvel, DCEU or HP, I would see it putting up a good fight. But Star Wars in 2015 is just going to suck the life out of the box office for everything else not named The Force Awakens...

• Like 1