AniNate

Joy | David O. Russell | Christmas 2015 | New Trailer on Page 20!

TV Ad Spent for the week

1.Revenant          $5,36m   FOX

2.Point Break       $5,3m     WB

3.Daddy's Home  $5,29m   Paramount

4.The Big Short    $5,03m   Paramount

5.Sisters               $4,98m   Universal

Shouldn't Joy be here with all the other movies going wide instead of the Revenant? FOX might be ditching this movie after the bad reviews.

• Like 1

I liked the first half, but then it goes downhill. JLaw is once again too young for the role, but she isn't awful. And well overall this review describes my feeling about Joy

I was curious to see how Russell would handle a female-focused story with themes of friendship, sisterhood, motherhood, and gender politics. The short answer is: like an asshole. (x)

• Like 3

On 12/23/2015 at 11:02 AM, Joel M said:

TV Ad Spent for the week

1.Revenant          $5,36m   FOX

2.Point Break       $5,3m     WB

3.Daddy's Home  $5,29m   Paramount

4.The Big Short    $5,03m   Paramount

5.Sisters               $4,98m   Universal

Shouldn't Joy be here with all the other movies going wide instead of the Revenant? FOX might be ditching this movie after the bad reviews.

Wow, how'd you get that data? I'd imagine Fox must be trying their hardest to nab a big OW for The Revenant since it surely won't be a "WOM movie." 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wow, how'd you get that data? I'd imagine Fox must be trying their hardest to nab a big OW for The Revenant since it surely won't be a "WOM movie." 

Yeah Revenant will need a much bigger OW because of the huge budget but after all the recent doom JLaw did her job. The movie looked like a failed oscar bait after the reviews shut it out of the awards race, and it still opened to 17m. It's not a breakout but it is doing solid given the circumstances.

• Like 1