AniNate

Joy | David O. Russell | Christmas 2015 | New Trailer on Page 20!

It's quite hilarious when people get mad, because of another JLaw/DOR collaboration. Yet the same people don't give a shit, when other Actor/Directior duos work together all the time. :rolleyes:

Actually it seems to be a common thing on this forum - a lot of users get curiously riled up when directors return to the same talent well.

Anyway, I'm guessing I'll pass on this. I'm sure it'll be a watchable films that critics go hysterical for and I'll have no idea why.

• Like 1

THIS CAST. I am drooling.

"Joy" will star Jennifer Lawrence in a film written and directed by David O. Russell. Robert De Niro, Bradley Cooper, Edgar Ramirez, Isabella Rossellini, Diane Ladd, and Virginia Madsen will also star.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150217006398/en/Joy%C2%A0from-Writer-Director-David-O.-Russell-Starring-Jennifer#.VOOQdnZ7TYA

• Like 1

THIS CAST. I am drooling.

"Joy" will star Jennifer Lawrence in a film written and directed by David O. Russell. Robert De Niro, Bradley Cooper, Edgar Ramirez, Isabella Rossellini, Diane Ladd, and Virginia Madsen will also star.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150217006398/en/Joy%C2%A0from-Writer-Director-David-O.-Russell-Starring-Jennifer#.VOOQdnZ7TYA

The scientist from Carnosaur is in this

TMZ Alert: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/26/harvey-weinstein-jennifer-laurence-fight-director-david-o-russell-joy/

Famed director David O. Russell went on a tear against Jennifer Lawrence and Harvey Weinstein during the filming of the movie "Joy" ... this according to an eyewitness on the set.

We're told there was a loud argument Tuesday on the Boston set between David and Jennifer, and it started because she didn't like the way he was directing a scene. The eyewitness says the screaming was ear-piercing and laced with profanities.   

A rep for the movie's studio -- Fox 2000 -- tells us yes, there was screaming, but it was all method acting. David was just getting J. Law amped-up for a scene in which she screams at someone. 

But it doesn't end there. We're also told Miramax honcho Harvey Weinstein showed up on the set Wednesday to say hi to Jennifer, but David ordered him to leave. Harvey got as far as the makeup trailer before getting booted. 

The studio rep says Harvey was told Tuesday things were moving at warp speed and his visit would be a distraction, but he showed up anyway ... unannounced. 

And the eyewitness tells us a major exec for Fox was reamed out by David because she was trying to defend the line producer who David wants to fire. The eyewitness says it got so bad the exec started crying. The studio rep says that's ridiculous ... there was a "heated" argument over the line producer, but she didn't cry.

• Like 1

A rep for the movie's studio -- Fox 2000 -- tells us yes, there was screaming, but it was all method acting. David was just getting J. Law amped-up for a scene in which she screams at someone.

triple-h-nod.gif

DOR sounds like a fantastic person.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1