Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Competition with Maleficient's target audience on Saturday and Sunday will affect Fault quite a bit.  Edge of Tomorrow will perform better Friday night with GA due to no NBA Finals or NHL Finals on TV.  Edge of Tomorrow will have decent GA appeal and have improved numbers as the weekend goes on.  Fault will only make 50 million this weekend, and won't have great legs.

Wait no Finals for this weekend?  I'll support the Spurs even though I'm a Mavericks fan.  But I'm not watching it except maybe the highlights and see if Spurs will beat the Heat for vengeance.

• Like 1

yeah how will this be extremely more front loaded than X-men? I see at least 60 million OW/. Divergent had 4.9 Thursday numbers and their targeted towards the same audience. 

The amount of online traffic for this one is so far ahead of everything else, combined with the inflated ticket prices at some of the thurs shows....  I could see Fault in Stars landing under Divergent just as easily as over it.

Wow that's huge for Fault. I don't particularly care for the movie myself but if it breaks out (as in continues this impressive performance through the rest of the weekend) that would be awesome. This summer is in desperate need of it.

are schools really done in the US? I live in Canada and my siblings still have school until the end of June. Only universities are done right now.  Schools in the east coast are probably still in session right? 

Nashville and really the State of TN is out, a few county exceptions. But then again by and large we didn't have massive snow days to make up for like some parts of the country. Last day for most in the midstate was May 29. 

Call me crazy, but just like with Divergent, this doesn't feel like something with 1/16th the pop culture relevance or mainstream attention that Twilight or Hunger Games had. Maybe it's just cuz I'm older now, but Twilight and Hunger Games characters and terminology and shit became ingrained in pop culture. I don't even know the lead character in this or Divergent's names. 

Same here; it seems quite huge among teenage girls though.

Scratch what I said yesterday...there are actually eight movies he need to see on theaters this August ..Guardians of the Galaxy Get On UpTMNTInto the StormExpendables 3Let's Be CopsThe GiverSin City 2How am I going to do this??

Edited by Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Like 1

Scratch what I said yesterday...there are actually eight movies he need to see on theaters this August ..Guardians of the GalaxyGet On UpTMNTInto the StormExpendables 3Let's Be CopsThe GiverSin City 2How am I going to do this??

If Paramount decides to to give us the next Interstellar trailer with TMNT I'd go see it. Other than that the only one on that list I care to see is GotG.

are schools really done in the US? I live in Canada and my siblings still have school until the end of June. Only universities are done right now.  Schools in the east coast are probably still in session right?

Southeast is done late May to early June. My brother finishes last Friday. I think parts of the west like Arizona is done in May too. I think the whole September-June thing has been fading over the years. Most places I see start in mid-August and get out around Memorial Day. IDK why the NE hasnt tried it yet.

Southeast is done late May to early June. My brother finishes last Friday. I think parts of the west like Arizona is done in May too. I think the whole September-June thing has been fading over the years. Most places I see start in mid-August and get out around Memorial Day. IDK why the NE hasnt tried it yet.

Yeah, Texas was out as of last week. 

yeah schools don't start until beginning of September (after labor day) so it makes sense why schools get out later. 

Scratch what I said yesterday...there are actually eight movies he need to see on theaters this August ..Guardians of the Galaxy Get On UpTMNTInto the StormExpendables 3Let's Be CopsThe GiverSin City 2How am I going to do this??

The only movie on that list I am interested in watching is TMNT, especially with the IMAX release which was confirmed last week.

The author is such shit... his first book was so bad. Maybe I should read Fault just to see if it's really that much better, but I can't take the melodramatic sap.

Aw come on. You know the real reason for your snarkiness is because this movie is competition for Angie. :lol:

• Like 2