Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

It's perfectly directed. And Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ those visuals. 

That's what I meant.  The change of scenes was going through a doorway. And that train!  Not something you see in film.  Very unique.

You don't have time to watch one movie? 

Well, I watched Maleficent today. Tomorrow I need to focus on studying and projects. Monday I have classes and E3 starts (btw, never saw you on PSN again, did you stopped playing?) and I want to see the conferences of the big 4. Tuesday I need to end this thing I am working on right now, plus more E3. Maybe on the weekend I will have some free time to see SMB.

• Like 1

That's what I meant.  The change of scenes was going through a doorway. And that train!  Not something you see in film.  Very unique.

It's just beautiful. Tons of neat little things going on throughout, like how some of the scenes almost looked like dance numbers. 

Looks great on Blu-Ray, btw.

• Like 1

Speaking of books that make you cry, did you guys hear about Pearls Before Swine?If you haven't heard the news, start back with the strip for June 2, and then read forward through the week:http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2014/06/02Trust me, it's worth it.

Yup, I read Pastis's blog yesterday. The second strip makes the revelation kind of obvious, but then again I own the entire C&H collection.
  • Like 1

Surprised she didn't get an Oscar for that movie.  But I guess some other actress was better in some other movie at the time.

I was not there for Keira playing the lead role when it was announced. But I have to say she brought the goods. I thought everyone did a great job with the exception of ATJ. He was totally miscast imo. He seemed so lightweight compared to others who played the role before him like Sean Bean and kevin McKidd.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In terms of emotional resonance, I think the scene with the 2 Xaviers beats this one.  Anyone over 40 knows what it's like to have that heart to hear with yourself, and those under 40 got a sobering preview of what that conversation is like. 

Still, Cap2 >>>>>>>>>>>DOFP.

• Like 3

Yeah, she was good but that movie put me to sleep. Didn't like Matthew McFayden. 

I thought he was great in the movie.  Usually these types of movies are not my thing.  But Pride and Prejudice was definitely something.  I read the book but that bored me.  The movie was better.

Oblivion was kinda cool, although I thought the interesting concept wasn't all that well thought out.

Oblivion was a pacing nightmare IMHO. Incredibly bland and boring.

• Like 1

anna karenina pretty but a bore. it's hard to get what's great about the novel down in one movie though. i appreciated the effort.

The mini-series did a great job with Kevin McKidd as Bronsky.

Yeah, she was good but that movie put me to sleep. Didn't like Matthew McFayden. 

Haha Don't know why he looked like a farmer instead of the landed gentry as he should have.

I thought he was great in the movie.  Usually these types of movies are not my thing.  But Pride and Prejudice was definitely something.  I read the book but that bored me.  The movie was better.

I love all the Pride and Prejudice movies. But then I'm a Jane Austen fan period. 

• Like 1

Haha Don't know why he looked like a farmer instead of the landed gentry as he should have.

He just didn't have the charisma the role required. I never got what was so damn special about Mr. Darcy.

Matthew MacFayden was very good in AK, though. 

• Like 1

In terms of emotional resonance, I think the scene with the 2 Xaviers beats this one.  Anyone over 40 knows what it's like to have that heart to hear with yourself, and those under 40 got a sobering preview of what that conversation is like. 

Still, Cap2 >>>>>>>>>>>DOFP.

Agree with this. I teared up at both but the 2 Xaviers was mind blowing. Cap2 most emotional scene was Peggy in the nursing home. That got me every time.

• Like 4