Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I wouldn't count out EOT yet. Word of mouth seems extremely positive, and the only major competition it has until TF4 is 22 Jump--which even they can coexist.

Combined with overseas returns, EOT has hope.

Think it can get to 400m WW?  Thats like that absolute minimum its gonna need to start making mula

• Like 1

I still say the drop on Saturday is gonna be funny. It may fail to reach 50M OW.

Why do you think it will have a huge Saturday drop. My co worker just came up to me and asked me about the movie. She just got a text from her niece who saw it last night and texted her the trailer and told her she needed to go and see it ASAP. She just literally walked away from my desk saying she was going this weekend. I know that's an isolated case but it seems to be a movie that people will like. It's a love story and those stories are sorely lacking right now.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

I still say the drop on Saturday is gonna be funny. It may fail to reach 50M OW.

It would do $46-52M if it follows Twilight legs. I think it'll hold a bit better. So 55M is definitely possible. 

with dollar theater bump divergent should get to 150m. it's on 148.8m right now with the previous weekend being 0.327m. that would be a multiplier of 2.75 (54.6m ow).

fios even with a 54-56m may not catch it in the end.

obviously, being a 12m movie, it's an amazing result no matter what legs. that it's matching divergent's ow is itself something.

how many 100m+ movies go >10x their budgets.

Edited by a2k

Stars should at least reach 100M DOM at least. I mean if one of the most frontloaded films of all time New Moon could get 2x OW, so can Stars. :lol:

with dollar theater bump divergent should get to 150m. it's on 148.8m right now with the previous weekend being 0.327m. that would be a multiplier of 2.75 (54.6m ow).

fios even with a 54-56m may not catch it in the end.

It might cause it'll have hefty 2nd weekend drop, but I think it'll do well after that. The reviews are great.

Why do you think it will have a huge Saturday drop. My co worker just came up to me and asked me about the movie. She just got a text from her niece who saw it last night and texted her the trailer and told her she needed to go and see it ASAP. She just literally walked away from my desk saying she was going this weekend. I know that's an isolated case but it seems to be a movie that people will like. It's a love story and those stories are sorely lacking right now.

I'm glad it is doing well. We need intelligent movies starring females to do well. (Glad it will crush The Other Woman, for example).  It is just that it doesn't have enough crossover appeal to do well with male moviegoers.  I bet the audience will be 75% female.  I think that can only take you so far after OW.

Edited by Ando81

insane would be the "fios od > eot ow" club succeeding. i shouldn't have been a wisecrack on that club.

though i did not underestimate fios's od. just didn't think eot would open sub 30.

Edited by a2k

I'm glad it is doing well. We need intelligent movies starring females to do well. (Glad it will crush The Other Woman, for example).  It is just that it doesn't have enough crossover appeal to do well with male moviegoers.  I bet the audience will be 75% female.  I think that can only take you so far after OW.

I agree with your last sentence.