Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I don't think I've loved a film's alien design that isn't a Xenomorph or classic Grey/Green Alien as much as I did the design for the Mimics.

Oh and add Yajuta ((Predator)) for a film's design for an alien that I loved.

EoT is also incredibly smart and complex. 

Its character development is top of the line and I like how it didn't spoil that William Cage ((Tom Cruise)) was a PR-coward in the trailer.

• Like 2

I don't think I've loved a film's alien design that isn't a Xenomorph or classic Grey/Green Alien as much as I did the design for the Mimics.

The Alphas were designed really well. The normal ones looked like the creatures from the Matrix.

EOT seems to have picked up in terms of advance ticket sales (relatively speaking). Current sales in the past 24 hours

TFIOS: 49%

EOT: 18%

Maleficent: 15%

DOFP: 5%

• Like 1

Maybe it's big drop indicates that it's not so good after all, at least to the General Audience??? :popcorn: 

It only dropped 52% Friday on Friday. Still showing much better legs than most of the May releases.

• Founder / Operator

Maybe X-Men's appeal is just too adult oriented (beyond the core fan base). After rewatching (most of) the movies lately, I realized how much material is in there that really could be off-putting to parents, and/or outright inappropriate for little kids.

Granted, some of Marvel's movies have toed the line too, but they're much more kid-friendly than any single X-Men movie.

• Like 5

I think a drop of 40% is on the tables  ^_^

Friday was 8.2m + 17.9m

If it gets 17.9m on Saturday, that's a 31% drop.

If it drops 10% from non-preview Friday and gets 16.1m, then it's a 38% drop from full Friday.

Twilight's was 41%. That gives it 15.4m

Thanks. That's a decent guesstimate. 

Fairly big I would assume.

Though Twilight's midnights to non-preview ratio was much better at 7m + 29m.

So calculating from non-preview Friday, Twilight dropped 27% on Saturday.

That would give FiOS 13m and a 50% drop from full Friday.

Both your guesstimates are pretty much in line with Movieman's below.

Notfabio from HSX mentioned advanced ticket sales for today

At usual megaplex there are 49 advance sales for today vs 301 Friday for Fault read into that as you will {nm}  notfabio on Jun 07, 08:10

are there usually a lot of Saturday advance sales? {nm}  lobogotti on Jun 07, 08:18

Depends on the film but that is one of the more drastic drops {nm}  notfabio on Jun 07, 08:34

Thanks Grim. This is what I was afraid of. Can't tell just yet but the theaters I'm checking aren't full and there are 0 reports of lines and sell outs. And I'm not seeing any sell outs on fandango. Really hate fandango changed their format. Makes it difficult to tell what sold out previously. Yet it's still early things could change.

13-15m Sat for FIOS, calling it now.

You could be right.

Maybe X-Men's appeal is just too adult oriented (beyond the core fan base). After rewatching (most of) the movies lately, I realized how much material is in there that really could be off-putting to parents, and/or outright inappropriate for little kids.

Granted, some of Marvel's movies have toed the line too, but they're much more kid-friendly than any single X-Men movie.

The most kid-friendly of Superheroes, by far, is Spiderman. And DOFP will actually show better legs than TASM2. Despite the kid friendliness, TASM2 will eke out a 2.15 multiplier by the end, I am shocked how bad the legs for TASM2 and Godzilla have turned out to be. Or for that matter, even Neighbors which looked like it would do really well for a comedy.

Have we had any 3 multipliers outside of Lego this year?

• Like 1

The most kid-friendly of Superheroes, by far, is Spiderman. And DOFP will actually show better legs than TASM2. Despite the kid friendliness, TASM2 will eke out a 2.15 multiplier by the end, I am shocked how bad the legs for TASM2 and Godzilla have turned out to be. Or for that matter, even Neighbors which looked like it would do really well for a comedy.

Neighbors has done extremely well, considering its budget is only 18m.

• Like 2

Neighbors has done extremely well, considering its budget is only 18m.

I meant post the OW. With a lack of comedy options, and Neighbors actually being a pretty good movie, I really thought 150-160M was on the table for it.

Neighbors is gonna pass the 100000 tickets sold in total very soon over here. Fantastic considering the opening was just 25000. Even more fantastic considering TITE sold like 10000 tickets in total over here.

I meant post the OW. With a lack of comedy options, and Neighbors actually being a pretty good movie, I really thought 150-160M was on the table for it.

It is an ok comedy. WOM was nothing spectacular.

• Founder / Operator

Not many big ones , but quite a few: Ride Along, Rio 2, Peabody, Non-Stop, Heaven, Other Woman, Monuments Men, Nut Job, God's Not Dead, Jack Ryan, MDA, Awkward, & Bears

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

Not many big ones , but quite a few: Ride Along, Rio 2, Peabody, Non-Stop, Heaven, Other Woman, Monuments Men, Nut Job, God's Not Dead, Jack Ryan, MDA, Awkward...

My day has been made.

• Like 5