Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen - Year Nueve (Yzma & Horror House 2 Reviewed)

The grade translates to about a B-/C+, Films. Also, what exactly do you mean by Cassie signing up for the next film?

Well, Anna Sophia-Robb (who plays cassie) is playing one of the lead roles in videotape aka the ring 3
  • Like 2

Among The Impostors - C+

It starts off strong, and Ty Simpkins gives a solid performance, but the plot becomes kind of a mess towards the middle, especially with the up-down story of Jason.

Dystopia U.S.A. - C+

Abstaining from a review

Skyjumper - B-

Abstaining from a review

Change of Heart - C-

A fairly saccharine story with unbelievable cheese and out-of-nowhere plot developments. If it weren't for the actors, you'd think this were a Lifetime movie.

• Like 1

Alice in Horrorland - B-

The idea of a prophecy and a battle of good and evil in Wonderland rubs me the wrong was as it did in Tim Burton's 2010 shitfest, but it works better here due to a surprisingly dark mood and visual tone, as well as more enjoyable characters and fun set pieces. It's not a perfect film, but for a January film, it's fairly enojyable.

(Also, Blink, your English is generally pretty good. If you want a bit more help, you can PM me your films and I can look over them.)

^_^ thank you!! but i think you will have more difficult with Where You imagine. :S i will PM you for sure, Thank you!!!!!  :D

• Like 1

Numbers Theory - B/B+

It may try to cram a bit too much in its 100 minute runtime, but it's a surprisingly refreshing slow burn thriller, mixed with Liam Neeson being badass as always and a surprisingly sinister performance from Diogo Morgado. The meta-ness of the project is also awesome, but it's good that Numbers doesn't make it the main factor.

Slenderman: The Search - C

It's pretty much what you'd expect. Not much to see here, aside from a few good scares.

Walking Alone - B

Abstaining from review.

Sweet Disposition - C+

It's a standard romance film, but I'd be lying if I said there weren't a few tears thrown in the mix.

Ice Desert - C-

This was honestly kind of bad. The characters are rather one-note, as one can tell just by looking at their names, and the involvement with the plot feels very minimal. Kids may still like it, though.

• Like 2

The Tudors - B-

A fairly informative doc with a strong narration from Clooney, but it still feels like a 90 minute history report.

The Best of You - D+

This was just kind of terrible. Between over the top attempts at emotion, unrealistic cruelty and sacchrine thrown in, and it's just kind of a bad movie. At least Sweet Disposition was just generic above all else.

The Cave - C-

Edwards is good at directing intensity, but when you're stuck with such undeveloped characters and no reason to care about them, then what's the point? Fine for some scares, but not much else.

Teen Titans - B

A fairly fun superhero movie, probably the most enjoyable in the DCU so far, as I wasn't really blown away by the others. It works well because of its fun cast of teen heroes (and villians), with the movie willing to show them to us in a more informal, relaxed mood. It really helps us get to know these characters well in a unique and enjoyable manner. The second half is a bit more generic, though, so it loses some points there.

• Like 2

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - A-

If you love battles of wit, the idea of Benedict Cumberbatch and Joseph Gordon Levitt yelling at each other, insane courtroom battles, spirit channeling, murder and madness, and all around craziness, then boy, you are going to love this movie.

• Like 2

Sorry it took a while, but I'm coming through!

If...

Ezen: So....he wished for Jeffrey to dissapear from existence, and people panic after his disappearance? I guess the wish didn't really work. The world of unwanted wishes is fairly interesting, even if its logistics aren't always too clear. It starts on a fairly amusing premise, and considering the general audience, I guess that it should suffice fairly well.

Santa Claus: No gratuitous violence or graphic nudity? God, kids today are such fucking pussies. Why bother gifting them when this is what they see as good cinema? To be fair, that one kid says hell a lot, so that's good.

Patrick: Honestly, I'm not sure how well animation was the right choice for this. It could have worked very well in live action, especially with all human characters and settings that could have been easily done in live action with some special effects. It's still kind of fun for what it is, and the little bitches who see this will surely enjoy it.

Elizabeth: It's okay, and I liked how creative they were in playing with the world they created, even if they don't take it as far as I would have liked. Not really much else to say about it.

Freddy: The main problem for me was that Rick and Ryan's relationship as brothers, and their relationship to Dara, never felt fully developed, and I couldn't really buy all of it. The same goes for Jeffrey's sudden reform. As a kid's film, though, I shouldn't really fret it.

Cassie: In the end, it's decent for families and probably a few more folks. Not much more, but not much less.

B-

• Like 1

Legend of the Joestars: Phantom Blood - B

It's not quite as enjoyable as the studio's other Japanese-inspired outings, but Tom Hiddleston's performance really makes it shine. It's worth seeing just for him, as well as some fun direction.

Our Future - D-

Stupid and overwrought, even by Michael Bay's standards.

Black Cat - B+

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The plot doesn't mesh together perfectly well, as the tone isn't always perfect, but the action and the chemistry of Urban and Rockwell really make it shine.

Peace At Last - C

It's pretty much for the Hush Hush Little Baby crowd.

Conventionally Wiser - D+

Cinematic action that's wholly paint by numbers and non-noteworthy.

Island of Dreams - Leaves Blowing In The Wind/10

Yep.

• Like 1

The Red Pyramid

Ezen: Finally...we made it. The end result of all that was, admittably, fairly enjoyable. I've often been a fan of mythology, and you could say that Percy Jackson is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me (aside from that cringeworthy Poker Face scene), so this was more of the same, albeit stepped up in drama and excitement. I'm not sure if it was worth the huge effort, but for what it is, it works for any fan of mythology.

Santa Claus: This is what we're talking about. Ancient Egyptian Action. Me gusta. Needed a bit more bloodshed, though.

Patrick: Thanks to a bit more focus this time around, the visuals and action setpieces are a lot more bitchin', and you can tell that there's a clear difference in quality between this film and the Y5 remake. It could be a dark horse for some tech categories at the oscars.

Elizabeth: I wasn't hugely impressed, to be honest. The characters and situations feel reminiscent of Percy Jackson, albeit with a different mythological context, and the plot is far too overwrought for something based on a children's novel. It's as if the writer merely found the novel and printed its entirety as the script. It's somewhat enjoyable, but it failed to leave a huge impression.

Freddy: The Kane family is fun to watch, and the two main kids are surprisingly solid in their roles. Amos is particularly fun, and the moment with Julius and the children's revelation near the end is surprisingly emotional. Rose Byrne also has a great time as the film's villian. She's slowly but surely becoming one of the best actresses in CAYOM.

Cassie: The writer is probably sick of hearing how freakishly long the film it, even though it quite honestly is, but at the same time, it's fun enough that it doesn't feel like a waste.

B

• Like 2

Yo, this is really random, and IDK if you're taking suggestions or not

But if you are, I'd really like to know what you think of Sir Thymes. You're kinda my go-to-guy for animation reviews :P

• Like 1