CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

Why is this not an animated film? I mean hybrid films don’t make as much as they did in the late 00s/early 10s and even then only two of the Chipmunks did over $150M DOM, and Paramount might have made some more money.

56 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

That trailer was a trip and a half.  😂 . I did like the gold rings instead of stars though in the Paramount Logo.  Super cute.

They did the same for tmnt, replacing the Stars with Shuriken.

• Like 1

Anyway, the scene in the warehouse looks almost identical to the Detective Pikachu trailer scene. Lol.

One of the worst trailers I have seen for a big budget movie. Huge fan of Jim Carrey, but that scene with the army major looks really awkward... Director trying too hard to make it funny.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Anyway, the scene in the warehouse looks almost identical to the Detective Pikachu trailer scene. Lol.

One of the worst trailers I have seen for a big budget movie. Huge fan of Jim Carrey, but that scene with the army major looks really awkward... Director trying too hard to make it funny.

PSSH YOUR JUST BEING A DISNEY STAN / HATER TROLL

• Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

i liked that scene. *shrug*

8 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

PSSH YOUR JUST BEING A DISNEY STAN / HATER TROLL

Hahaha. So that's what they are calling objective people who genuinely dislike the trailer now? LOL.

Anyway, i will be buying opening weekend tickets for WB's detective pikachu; but will probably be giving this Sonic a miss..trailer looks worse than Aladdin's first teaser.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Haha 1

That blue rat monster looks fucking disgusting. Every part of it looks bad: the face, the legs, the arms, the hands, the body, the face, the teeth. Why did they do this? Who is responsible? You can smell the creature through the screen, the thing is filthy looking. 

It’s not that the design is different, it’s the fact the design is bad. In the day and age where rights holders are taking more control of their IP when it comes to film licensing it is absolutely fascinating how Sega allowed this to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

That blue rat monster looks fucking disgusting. Every part of it looks bad: the face, the legs, the arms, the hands, the body, the face, the teeth. Why did they do this? Who is responsible? You can smell the creature through the screen, the thing is filthy looking. 

It’s not that the design is different, it’s the fact the design is bad. In the day and age where rights holders are taking more control of their IP when it comes to film licensing it is absolutely fascinating how Sega allowed this to happen.

You expect more from Sega who have made things like Sonic 06, Sonic Forces, and Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric happen? And then they are making a kart racer for a character that runs fast.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Maybe if all 3 video game movies this year bomb perhaps Hollywood would stop making them. All 3 of them are guaranteed to be garbage anyway.

Video games and movies do not mix so stop it.

Pokemon trailer looking good though and people say that the movie is pretty good.

22 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

You expect more from Sega who have made things like Sonic 06, Sonic Forces, and Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric happen? And then they are making a kart racer for a character that runs fast.

The last Sonic kart racer was legit great, the fuck you talking about? 

Dropping all Sonic content blows though.