CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

25 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

A bunch of nonbelievers :apocalypse:

That's the Sonic fanbase right there...Many fans are hard to please and they react to anything remotely different.

I liked the trailer overall, though Sonic's design is very weird. Still, I'll be watching it as soon as it gets released. XD

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’m honestly shocked but ya, that should tell you something about how the movie looks. My younger son is 11 and like loves sonic, plays all the games, has like 15 plushes. 

I think what looks bad is Sonic but the movie doesn’t? Maybe if they can change up the appearance a little bit, it can help. But at the same time I don’t know if anything can help. 

I was a huge Sonic fan back around that age so I’m sure if they got this movie right, they could have gotten a decent enough audience plus some of the GA. So the box office could have been solid. Now? Yikes....

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

how old are they?  because you should totally take them.

They’re 11 and 14, they’ve seen John wick 1 and 2 but those are movies we show them at home, not take them too lol. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

I'm going to take this movie's November 10th release date and examine the wide releases I am interested in that are within a three-week radius from this film. We have:

- The Hunt, a remake of an Oscar-nominated foreign film that Blumhouse is involved with

- The Last Full Measure, a film about war veterans being distributed by Roadside Attractions which seems to be similar in approach to 2017's Thank You For Your Service

- Motherless Brooklyn, an Edward Norton film that, if we're lucky, can be the next big mobster film (if that's what it's about, I'm not very sure)

- Terminator: Dark Fate, which received positive enthusiam at CinemaCon and is said to be faithful to the first two films

- Doctor Sleep, a sequel to The Shining that, interestingly, was lifted out of January and placed in November--do they have Oscar hopes?

- Last Christmas, a romantic comedy with two charismatic leads (Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding)

- Midway, a WWII film by Roland Emmerich

- Ford V. Ferrari, James Mangold's first film since the excellent Logan

- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, a film starring Tom Hanks as Mr. Rogers directed by Marielle Heller

- Frozen 2, a sequel taking very intriguing risks

- Knives Out, a classic whodunit with half of Hollywood in its cast

- Queen & Slim, a race-focused Oscar hopeful

All of those films are coming out within a three-week radius of this Sonic film. I won't speak for anyone else, but there seems to be so many interesting films I could see instead of this Sonic film, and this Sonic film looks awful, so I'm going to see some of the other movies that seem like they'd be more deserving of the ticket sales. Hopefully others do the same.

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think what looks bad is Sonic but the movie doesn’t? Maybe if they can change up the appearance a little bit, it can help. But at the same time I don’t know if anything can help. 

I was a huge Sonic fan back around that age so I’m sure if they got this movie right, they could have gotten a decent enough audience plus some of the GA. So the box office could have been solid. Now? Yikes....

Sonics appearance is what they hate ya, I wish I would of recorded the younger ones reaction. He first saw what trailer it was and was really excited and smiling and about 40 seconds in that excitement changed to disgust lol , he put his hands over his head and was like “what the heck” when he saw the design for sonic.

It was pretty entertaining. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slambros said:

- The Hunt, a remake of an Oscar-nominated foreign film that Blumhouse is involved with

It's not a remake of the Mads film. It's an original film written by Lindelof.

kp97ypl.jpg

All he needed was some slight changes... It boggles my mind that this final design got the OK.

I don't think a single Sonic Fan would agree to this... Focus group this shit!

Edited by Shrugged
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shrugged said:

kp97ypl.jpg

All he needed was some slight changes... It boggles my mind that this final design got the OK.

I don't think a single Sonic Fan would agree to this... Focus group this shit!

holy crap the design on the right is way better. And that's just a fan made one? How can the actual studios and filmmakers do it so much worse?

• Like 3