CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

ILM

MPC

Digital Domain

suposedely worked on this crap.

What went wrong ?

Curious to see who was responsible of Sonic.

Jim Henson’s Creature Shop did the godawful puppets for The Neverending Story III, the uncanny valley horrors of Jack Frost and The Country Bears, and that CGI...thing from Lost in Space 1998. Nobody’s perfect.

Edited by TServo2049

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

ILM

MPC

Digital Domain

suposedely worked on this crap.

What went wrong ?

Curious to see who was responsible of Sonic.

This isnt a CGI issue, the design is just terrible. The CGI artists dont create the design most of the time, they get handed the finished design and then they translate it to CGI.

Its the fault of the people that designed Sonic this way (and the ones that approved this), not the CGI artists.

Just now, Crainy said:

This isnt a CGI issue, the design is just terrible. The CGI artists dont create the design most of the time, they get handed the finished design and then they translate it to CGI.

Its the fault of the people that designed Sonic this way (and the ones that approved this), not the CGI artists.

We don't know, these companies have giant design teams, they do work on the designs of their assets but it s the main character so who knows.

Anwyway, crazy something like this could happen in 2019.

58 minutes ago, Lake said:

Anyone furries here know what the furry demographic thinks of the design?

Vice's hard-hitting journalism has got your back, fam.

Admittedly, that article was written when only the silhouette poster and the standee picture were revealed, but the overall anatomical features haven't changed that much, and the criticisms listed in the article sound like they would apply to the actual design as well.

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

We don't know, these companies have giant design teams, they do work on the designs of their assets but it s the main character so who knows.

Anwyway, crazy something like this could happen in 2019.

Actually, we do know. The process of how designs are created and translated to CGI on big blockbuster movies is well documented. Theres no reason to assume the CGI artists where any more involved in the design of Sonic than they were in any other production. In other words, they werent involved.

So I showed my wife the trailer when she got in from work and oh boy she was not happy. She wanted this movie to turn out so well for my son but when she saw sonic her response was “How could they fuck up one character so bad and all the Pokémon’s look so good” lol. Then she said  “We are not seeing this”, so ya, we aren’t seeing this lol. 

• Haha 5

I do want to add that not only does the Sonic design look off but Sonic doesn't look right in the world either. Like in Pikachu where it all seems normal for the Pokemon to be walking around. Thats not how it looks like in Sonic. 

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

So I showed my wife the trailer when she got in from work and oh boy she was not happy. She wanted this movie to turn out so well for my son but when she saw sonic her response was “How could they fuck up one character so bad and all the Pokémon’s look so good” lol. Then she said  “We are not seeing this”, so ya, we aren’t seeing this lol. 

Cackling at the fact that you were so sure you were gonna see this movie with your family and your family's response has been: 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

I do want to add that not only does the Sonic design look off but Sonic doesn't look right in the world either. Like in Pikachu where it all seems normal for the Pokemon to be walking around. Thats not how it looks like in Sonic. 

Sonic is from another world tbf

17 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Did you tell her his reaction? If you didn't, I think there's more hilarity to be mined from watching her having to break it to him.

4 hours ago, Slambros said:

I'm going to take this movie's November 10th release date and examine the wide releases I am interested in that are within a three-week radius from this film. We have:

- The Hunt, a remake of an Oscar-nominated foreign film that Blumhouse is involved with

- The Last Full Measure, a film about war veterans being distributed by Roadside Attractions which seems to be similar in approach to 2017's Thank You For Your Service

- Motherless Brooklyn, an Edward Norton film that, if we're lucky, can be the next big mobster film (if that's what it's about, I'm not very sure)

- Terminator: Dark Fate, which received positive enthusiam at CinemaCon and is said to be faithful to the first two films

- Doctor Sleep, a sequel to The Shining that, interestingly, was lifted out of January and placed in November--do they have Oscar hopes?

- Last Christmas, a romantic comedy with two charismatic leads (Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding)

- Midway, a WWII film by Roland Emmerich

- Ford V. Ferrari, James Mangold's first film since the excellent Logan

- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, a film starring Tom Hanks as Mr. Rogers directed by Marielle Heller

- Frozen 2, a sequel taking very intriguing risks

- Knives Out, a classic whodunit with half of Hollywood in its cast

- Queen & Slim, a race-focused Oscar hopeful

All of those films are coming out within a three-week radius of this Sonic film. I won't speak for anyone else, but there seems to be so many interesting films I could see instead of this Sonic film, and this Sonic film looks awful, so I'm going to see some of the other movies that seem like they'd be more deserving of the ticket sales. Hopefully others do the same.

it is going to make more money worldwide than every movie on the list other than Frozen 2 and maybe Terminator.

4 minutes ago, Perfundle said:

Did you tell her his reaction? If you didn't, I think there's more hilarity to be mined from watching her having to break it to him.

Lol, she knew he hated the trailer, that’s probably why she was so annoyed at how bad it was.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think this is gonna be Venom 2.0. People were bashing the movie and then it surprised everyone...

Venom had well received trailers, though. The trailer with the face reveal managed to get over a million likes. This movie doesn’t have that going for it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Venom had well received trailers, though. The trailer with the face reveal managed to get over a million likes. This movie doesn’t have that going for it. 

The first Venom trailer / teaser wasn't liked, though. Most of the people trashed the movie, including this forum, lol. Many people even used Tom Hardy's scene as a meme ( the part where he was screaming ). 

Only when the second trailer got released, things changed. First one was definitely disliked, though.

Watched the trailer against all good senses and immediately felt strong Blizzcon 2018 vibes. You know, the one with this guy asking "is this an out of season April fools joke" during the Diablo showcase. Ok, the "You serious?" meme would also fit like a glove. What the heck is ths? A comedy? An action movie? A parody? A furry trap? As it looks now, this will be either the worst movie or the biggest BO disappointment in 2019. Maybe both. Carrey looks good in this though for a man appoaching his 60s.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The first Venom trailer / teaser wasn't liked, though. Most of the people trashed the movie, including this forum, lol. Many people even used Tom Hardy's scene as a meme ( the part where he was screaming ). 

Only when the second trailer got released, things changed. First one was definitely disliked, though.

True, but that initial teaser showed very little of the film, and had a fairly generic voice over by Tom Hardy. The trailer for this movie showed us Sonic and Robotnik, and had plenty of action. I can’t imagine what the next trailer could possibly show that would manage to win people over.