CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

34 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’ll be fun to see if the trailer for this movie receives the kind of backlash that the Will Smith Genie reveal received. 

I’d laugh if it were something like TMNT 2014, where the bad word of mouth was shut the moment the first trailer dropped and the designs were revealed.

Someone who claims to have seen the test screening did a whole AMA on Reddit but deleted it later. Someone made a summary Thoughts? (I want Jim Carrey in a fatsuit and a game-accurate costume throughout the entire movie. I hope it's fake.)

Edit: Also, the summary didn't mention it, but Sonic apparently 

Spoiler

flosses after a car chase setpiece scene

. That will obviously be the litmus test for whether this guy delivered the goods.

Edited by stealthyfrog

21 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

Someone who claims to have seen the test screening did a whole AMA on Reddit but deleted it later. Someone made a summary Thoughts? (I want Jim Carrey in a fatsuit and a game-accurate costume throughout the entire movie. I hope it's fake.)

Yep. That sounds decent.

Sounds like most of the buzz will go the way of TMNT, Emoji Movie, and She-Ra. “Fanboys” will be upset until the movie comes out and they’re reminded that they’re way too old and it’s far too embarrassing to get upset about stuff created for small children 30 years ago.

The people on that Reddit page even seem to like it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stealthyfrog said:

Edit: Also, the summary didn't mention it, but Sonic apparently 

Reveal hidden contents

. That will obviously be the litmus test for whether this guy delivered the goods.

Idk man. The last time Sonic was changed a very infamous fan was arrested for pepper spraying a GameStop employee

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

If this movie sucks, are Sonic fans going to mace people that work at the theaters?

If Sonic fans aren’t used to disappointment in 2019 then something is very wrong.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s not as bad as I thought it was but I kind of like the rumored plot, it’s sounds like stupid fun.

Yeah. I won't mind if the Sonic movie turns out to be a "turn off your brain" kids movie like the rumor suggests. The redesign for Sonic is what bothers me. I wouldn't even mind if they 

Spoiler

save Eggman's game-accurate design until the post-credits scene.