CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

6 hours ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

Probably impossible to recover from the wom from this trailer, like Aladdin and the will smith meme.

It is a long way to November and the Internet has a short attention span.  Also Aladdin bounced back after they released the 2nd Trailer. The problem is I doubt Sonic has an ace up its sleeve a la Friend Like Me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Okay but like what if this makes more than Detective Pikachu at the box office :ph34r:

Human history is full of tragedys. That would be one more.

• Haha 3

Sonic let off an EMP powerful enough to knock out electronics on the entire Pacific Northwest.

According to 
GoNorthwest, the area has a population of around 15 million. Bump Reveal estimates that 3,978,497 babies are born every year in the United States.

Using statistics from 
Bliss it is estimated that about 1 in 7 babies in the UK require a neonatal unit upon their birth. Assuming this statistic translates to the United States, this would mean that 568,365 need this treatment in the US yearly.

The United States has approximately 327.2m people living there, meaning that the Pacific Northwest holds approximately 4.5% of the US population, translating to 25,576 babies needing neonatal treatment in the area yearly.

Using Bliss's statistics again, it can be seen that the average stay in the neonatal clinic for a baby is one week. Considering there are 52 weeks in a year, this means that 1/52 of this figure are in the clinics at any one time.

This translates to 491 babies in the area where Sonic the Hedgehog immediately cuts complete power and life support to. Sonic is literally a mass baby murderer.

They did the math

Edited by stealthyfrog
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

I think I've thought about some positive impressions I have about the trailer--I don't want to forsake my optimistic nature by being overly cynical.

- I don't like the design of Sonic, but I think I might like the characterization of Sonic. The character is acting in ways that make sense for him to act, and I can at least tell that Ben Schwartz is trying his best.

I think that's the only positive I have to be honest.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nova said:

Okay but like what if this makes more than Detective Pikachu at the box office :ph34r:

I mean, if that happens, Pikachu will have already been such a huge bomb, that Captain Marvel made more during the Pika OW, so that would be embarrassing enough already.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

and the Internet has a short attention span.

While this may be true, it's also true that the internet doesn't forget. If they don't come up with a very good second trailer to turn around the ship, Sonic is roadkill.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Nova said:

The little yellow guy takes a long slow walk while the shame bell rings behind him.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Just based on my reaction to both of them, I could see it happening. I'm not even a little bit interested in either, they both look terrible, boring and intolerable.

That said, there is undeniably more buzz and positive reaction about DP. Somehow it is tracking higher than Dark Phoenix and G:KotM. So it would be shocking if Sonic did better than that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Hey Mods ( @DeeCee, @aabattery ) can we get new reaction just for Nova? 

We need something like:

giphy.gif

(also, are we ever gonna fix the like pic?)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

It is a long way to November and the Internet has a short attention span.  Also Aladdin bounced back after they released the 2nd Trailer. The problem is I doubt Sonic has an ace up its sleeve a la Friend Like Me. 

The best thing they could do would be spending a few million on redoing the Sonic CGI design