CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Why wouldn't they greenlight Gemini Man?  Sounds great on paper.  It's a high concept Will Smith sci-fi action movie from a two-time Oscar-winning director.

yeah, i was exited for GM but after the trailer i don't know anymore. it looks so dated.

• ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 2

The damage is probably done here regardless of if the change is for the better. Reported budget of this was already apparently $90mil, that's obviously going to balloon by changing the entire CG of the main character, and even if it's good the director's already on record as admitting to a fuckup with the project that required going back to the drawing board. As much as "listening to the audience" is deservedly championed as the right thing to do, there are some who will be turned off by hearing the creator admit to making a mistake months before it's even released, and I can definitely believe that will have a noticeable effect on its chances of having a good box office run

Now I wonder if Paramount is going to pull this trailer from theaters until they fix Sonic's design. Many moviegoers don't watch trailers online, and their first exposure to him will be at the theaters. These people would also not know that the director has vowed to fix the design, and if they hate it they're not going to give the movie a second chance.

I understand this is 6 months to opening. Unless they already have footage with another model that they changed to the current one ( possible but doubtful) thats a lot of rush time that could look sloppy. Im surprised they didnt release this as a teaser early in production, would have had more time to fix it)

Be interesting to see the results

41 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

This movie is obviously going to bomb in every sense, why throw more money at it? 

People are stubborn beyond belief, and when you're already delusional enough you already found yourself spending damn near $100mil on a Sonic film, what's more money burnt at that point if you think 1) there's only one problem and 2) money will fix that one problem?

• Like 1

The director has had feedback for a long time. I'm pretty sure the trailer probably had a old draft that they released to test the reactions.

It's possible that they have a new design already set to be released in a new trailer. Once it gets released, people will claim it was fixed. Perhaps they've worked on that for a long time.

Former Sega phanatic here...like...that's...not Sonic...the proportions are wrong...

The real Sonic's head is huge, and makes up like 50% of his body. Then you have a little torso, with arms and legs. All his friends are shaped that way too.

This Sonic, in this movie, has a perfectly proportioned, human-like body 🤔.  They added a foot to his torso and limbs, so he looks more human...

Eggman isnt rotund, he's 99 pounds...I dont know about this...

The CGI graphics look great though! But this Sonic re-imagining is likely not gonna go over well...

13 hours ago, SweeneySwift said:

The damage is probably done here regardless of if the change is for the better. Reported budget of this was already apparently $90mil, that's obviously going to balloon by changing the entire CG of the main character, and even if it's good the director's already on record as admitting to a fuckup with the project that required going back to the drawing board. As much as "listening to the audience" is deservedly championed as the right thing to do, there are some who will be turned off by hearing the creator admit to making a mistake months before it's even released, and I can definitely believe that will have a noticeable effect on its chances of having a good box office run

Apparently, they reworked the Genie after the reception to the first Aladdin trailer. Au contraire, I'm seeing a lot of good reactions to a director being willing to listen to the fans and not blindly sticking with a direction that is wrong. 

12 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The director has had feedback for a long time. I'm pretty sure the trailer probably had a old draft that they released to test the reactions.

It's possible that they have a new design already set to be released in a new trailer. Once it gets released, people will claim it was fixed. Perhaps they've worked on that for a long time.

It makes no sense.