CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

On 11/13/2019 at 6:08 PM, shayhiri said:

LOL, who the fuck cares how the blue rat looks.

Only good thing in this is the grand return of Jim The God Carrey.

Movie still gonna bomb like a bitch though. Much worse than the other, yellow rat. All the "fans goodwill" won't help a thing.

They should really stop trying to put videogames into movies. They don't belong. Movies are art. Games are for bottom level types with nothing better within their reach.

What an accurate description of yourself. Dear God, it's so good that Prince Of Persia bombed hardcore, so puny rats like you could whine all day about how could superior films based on the legit art form of the videogame prosper in your face.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

What an accurate description of yourself. Dear God, it's so good that Prince Of Persia bombed hardcore, so puny rats like you could whine all day about how could superior films based on the legit art form of the videogame prosper in your face.

A bit off topic (maybe), but I saw that Prince of Persia film in theaters as a child, and, having been a fan of the unfunny swashbuckling of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, I was thoroughly entertained by the Prince of Persia film. Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton are good performers even if the roles should've been given to minority performers in retrospect. And the scenery was a change of pace from other films of the time. This is coming from someone who rewatched Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life over and over again as a child, but I didn't think Prince of Persia was a bad film. It's mediocre, but it isn't bad.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

A bit off topic (maybe), but I saw that Prince of Persia film in theaters as a child, and, having been a fan of the unfunny swashbuckling of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, I was thoroughly entertained by the Prince of Persia film. Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton are good performers even if the roles should've been given to minority performers in retrospect. And the scenery was a change of pace from other films of the time. This is coming from someone who rewatched Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life over and over again as a child, but I didn't think Prince of Persia was a bad film. It's mediocre, but it isn't bad.

I don't think it's terrible either, but I would probably classify it as poor. It does have good lead performances, even if given by miscast actors, and a few interesting visuals. But I found it so boring and trashly written that I couldn't take it seriously at all. Poor man's Aladdin meets Pirates.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

It's not just the dubious IMDb list. The last Sonic trailer did very well. One unofficial channel "stole" many views, if you add them that's: 43M views, 1.7M likes in one month. It could be better than any of last week's trailers, with the exception of Black Widow.

A movie like Sonic is over-indexed on Internet, especially after the re-design controversy, but still: it could surprise at the box office, I don't think it will flop.

Box Office Pro has projected an opening weekend for Sonic The Hedgehog anywhere between $20M and $30M with a final cume of anywhere between $65M and $100M: https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-tracking-fantasy-island-the-photograph-and-sonic-the-hedgehog/.

God I hope it can at least hit the higher end ($95-$100M) so it can make it’s budget back in America and break even thanks to other overseas countries.

We owe Paramount for the rare smart move they made with this movie to please us by fixing Sonic’s character model and making him more faithful like Pikachu was.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

He has made sequels before. Ace Ventura 2, Dumb and Dumber 2. He was even in kick-Ass 2.

He means sequel to Carrey films, which Kick-Ass 1 is not. He's only ever done two of those, and they were twenty years apart. After Ace Ventura 2, he specifically swore off doing sequels, and only did Dumb and Dumber To after much convincing decades later.