CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

8 hours ago, JB33 said:

Unfortunate, @TwoMisfits, because I think this movie will be COUNTING on the kids demo. I only have the opinions of a few adults in my circles but my hunch is that most adults who have a feeling of nostalgia towards Sonic don't really care there's a movie. Nostalgia ain't selling this as far as adults go.

Kids will need to see something that weekend, and if theaters decide to dump Dolittle for Sonic, it will be the only option, so it could benefit by default:)...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Feels like its gonna suffer from the same problem as Pikachu where the studio forgets to market the movie towards kids because they are too busy marketing it towards the twitter and reddit.

Strange. I’ve seen kids at screenings for Frozen 2, Jumanji, Cats, Spies in Disguise, Bad Boys For Life and Dolittle watching this trailer and having a laugh with it. Looks like the studio is marketing Sonic to kids and not just Twitter and Reddit to me. You’re wrong and mistaken.

Edited by Movies4Life
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

Strange. I’ve seen kids at screenings for Frozen 2, Jumanji, Cats, Spies in Disguise, Bad Boys For Life and Dolittle watching this trailer and having a laugh with it. Looks like the studio is marketing Sonic to kids and not just Twitter and Reddit to me. You’re wrong and mistaken.

Little kids at a Bad Boys for Life screening? Doubt.

Even if what you're saying is true, kids at my Frozen 2 screening laughed when the Dolittle and Spies in Disguise trailer came on (both of which flopped) so its fair to say that kids will find anything funny.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Are they trying to get people who love the movies about fast cars to watch the movie about a fast hedgehog?

I see this as either that or doing a new theme that could be better than the theme from the 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was a success.