CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

16 minutes ago, Nova said:

When is the premiere? 

On 1/21/2020 at 8:38 PM, Movies4Life said:

Apparently, the world premiere of the movie is Saturday: https://www.averagesocialite.com/la-events/2019/11/2/sonic-the-hedgehog-premiere-tba.

Maybe a sign of confidence in Paramount because of the redesigned model, maybe?

I am curious to see the opening weekend tracking this week. I’m thinking a $30M OW projection, hopefully general audiences like it enough to help it make it’s $95M budget back in America, maybe even hit $100M in the end of it’s domestic run. I also wonder if it manages to open to #1 over the 4-day weekend.

The twitter topic is kind of odd, as it has Marsden and Carrey on a 'blue carpet',image, but it's listed as from 5 hours ago, where the tweet I posted was about 45 minutes ago. It may have just ended.

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

The twitter topic is kind of odd, as it has Marsden and Carrey on a 'blue carpet',image, but it's listed as from 5 hours ago, where the tweet I posted was about 45 minutes ago. It may have just ended.

I had no idea that it was happening this early 💀 I haven’t seen or heard anything from it considering it’s happening today. Let me go search twitter really quick 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Wouldn't be surprised with ~120 domestic, ~300+ worldwide. 

Me neither. Considering it’s China release on Feb. 28th is now up in the air because of the Corona Virus, I see this as a win for Paramount given it’s $95M budget, assuming it happens.

2 hours ago, Movies4Life said:

Looks like they want the general audience to say “the critics are wrong, this movie is good”. This could be like the Venom or Joker of 2020.

Venom didn't even have very good WoM though. It had a B+ (Joker also had a B+ but it got that for obvious reasons) and its legs were lower than average for a superhero movie.

32 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Venom didn't even have very good WoM though. It had a B+ (Joker also had a B+ but it got that for obvious reasons) and its legs were lower than average for a superhero movie.

A B+ is still decent score and Venom still made bank.

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That's because it had pretty high opening and China. I doubt Sonic opens high.

The trades are saying otherwise. So, we’ll see. I think you’re wrong and it will shock everyone by proving everyone that a move that fights Rotten scores can win.

3 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

The trades are saying otherwise. So, we’ll see. I think you’re wrong and it will shock everyone by proving everyone that a move that fights Rotten scores can win.

The trades are talking about an opening that is half of Venom's lol. And how is a late embargo a move that fights RT? I guess Dolittle fought RT by having it's embargo lift on the same day it released and audience totally love it.

37 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The trades are talking about an opening that is half of Venom's lol. And how is a late embargo a move that fights RT? I guess Dolittle fought RT by having it's embargo lift on the same day it released and audience totally love it.

The Emoji Movie did, too, and that made money with it’s $50M budget.

Yes, it’s half than Sonic, but, it could still do what Emoji Movie did and do twice of it’s OW with mixed to negative reviews and deliver an opening that says F-U to critics who want it to fail, you being one of them.

Edited by Movies4Life

30 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

The Emoji Movie did, too, and that made money with it’s $50M budget.

Yes, it’s half than Sonic, but, it could still do what Emoji Movie did and do twice of it’s OW with mixed to negative reviews and deliver an opening that says F-U to critics who want it to fail, you being one of them.

Lol, your crap is just petty at this point. Wow, I'm gonna never sleep again if Sonic does well in the box office.

Also, you lost here when you're comparing this to The Emoji Movie. 

Edited by lorddemaxus