CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Since when is We Got This Covered a top critic site lmao? Their site is just them making a bunch of shit up and selling it as news.

It’s not a Top Critic site. For whatever reason, as of yesterday, every critic is listed as a “Top Critic” on RT now, even if they don’t count towards the Top Critic score. 

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

Do you 2 have the same taste or something :bagoverhead:

image0.png

But I agree with what he says here. This really doesn't feel like a Sonic film. Imo, it has more in common with the Hop movie than anything Sonic related. Jim Carrey brings something to it I guess but other than it, eh. Way too many outdated pop culture references too. I'd have liked the film a bit more if Sonic didn't act like a teen who spends all his time on the internet. Just not a fan of the concept of the movie itself. Give me a Sonic movie with the visuals and absurdity of Speed Racer though, that would be awesome.

Edit: There was also some decent character work at the start too but it's not really carried on past the first act. Still a much better option to take kids to than Dolittle (which is literally the worst film I've seen in about 4 years). At least kids will have fun watching it and won't lose any brain cells. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

Sonic is going to have good legs main reason will be Jim Carrey. 

People like cute CGI characters but you also need a good human character to balance it out. 

Groot and Baby Yoda are liked this much only because the human characters around them make it look good.