CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

24 minutes ago, DAJK said:

that's the problem tho when we're so into something, is that we don't realize that nobody outside our circle cares. Same with cult classic movies (guaranteed movies like Kick Ass/The Room etc. aren't as popular irl than they are among online communities). Same with comic books. Same with video games; I know for example The Witcher was a huge selling game, but I've met one person in real life who's played the games. Most people know the brand from the TV Show. 

The Witcher was a book series before even the game.

4 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The Witcher was a book series before even the game.

Exactly my point. How many people read that compared to played the game? Or watched the show? Ask your average joe, 99% will say "The Witcher is a tv show" or "is a video game". Hardly anyone will say it's a book series. 

• Thanks 2

My spoiler-free thoughts on #SonicTheHedgehog:

A fun family-friendly video game movie that benefits from Ben Schwartz’s wisecracking vocal performance as the titular Blue Blur, Jim Carrey as Doctor Robotnik and a last minute redesign of Sonic’s model. The opening scene is well put together and explains why Sonic had to stay on Earth, it’s actually quite sad when you see it. The comedy is charming with the callbacks to Marvel movies, Star Wars, Fast and Furious and Keanu Reeves. And, the lore of Sonic they expand on the movie is actually established quite well. I think this is the second best video game movie after Pokemon: Detective Pikachu and it’s worth seeing. Also, make sure you stay for two post credits scenes, one that will make you say “I wanna see a sequel”, which my theater agreed with when they clapped in applause after it ended.

Final score: 5 stars. ️ 10/10.

P.S. There’s only one downside in this movie which is that we didn’t get something that I hope the get in potential sequel - Jim Carrey’s Robitnik saying  1 word... “PINGAS”. 😛😋😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

Cool. I thought TROS was trash too. I just think the shot’s cool. Take a chill pill.

I mean at least we both acknowledge it's trash.

Not a fan of the Pika and Sonic competition. Why can't we embrace both, are we forgetting these two tried to save each other from the snap? There's clearly no animosity.

tumblr_inline_phneyvmnrn1r6mniu_1280.gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Just saw the thread title and laughed. Tim Miller is a poor man's Matt Reeves. He's had some success and he's not untalented, but all he does is adapt big IP. 

It's kinda sad to see him go from Deadpool to Terminator DF. I'm still curious on exactly why he quit DP2 in the first place.

Just now, stealthyfrog said:

I thought the word is that Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds had conflicting ideas for Deadpool 2?

I personally believe the two never got along. Though that's just a very flimsy theory I have, the only evidence I can think of is the fact they did separate commentaries for the Blu ray. Ryan did his with Resse and Warnick while Miller did one with Rob Liefeld. 

54 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

It was a dumb but harmless romp for the kiddies. FWIW, I liked it more than Detective Pikachu. This one at least was aware it was stupid

lol at people jumping on you for this opinion. Whatever, I'm glad you at least found some enjoyment in it :) probably going to see it myself sometime over reading break.