CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

There is one thing I loved about this movie. The DoD is portrayed as a complete joke and I found every scene involving them to be hilarious. I agree with the tweet that the movie is a better exploration of the military industrial complex than the biggest movie franchise of all time (which frequently features the DoD and the military).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sonic made $3M in Thursday night showings, so, if it multiplies like Dora, it’ll open to $42M over 3 days and $50M over 4 days: https://out.reddit.com/t3_f3tk1g?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thewrap.com%2Fsonic-the-hedgehog-thursday-box-office%2F&token=AQAALslGXme3fuhIntoN_4ISry2vAMXHIqwIHZ9CTvHdCouLtFMi&app_name=mweb2x.

Edited by Movies4Life

14 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

Sonic made $3M in Thursday night showings, so, if it multiplies like Dora, it’ll open to $42M over 3 days and $50M over 4 days: https://out.reddit.com/t3_f3tk1g?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thewrap.com%2Fsonic-the-hedgehog-thursday-box-office%2F&token=AQAALslGXme3fuhIntoN_4ISry2vAMXHIqwIHZ9CTvHdCouLtFMi&app_name=mweb2x.

Pretty good but I needed better than pretty good to win my avatar bet on Era :(

53 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

How was the Rumble trailer for those who saw it?

Didn’t see it. But, I’ll try to catch it tonight and leak it like how I leaked Swiper’s look from Dora and the Lost City Of Gold, which is probably why my account was suspended from Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

Didn’t see it. But, I’ll try to catch it tonight and leak it like how I leaked Swiper’s look from Dora and the Lost City Of Gold, which is probably why my account was suspended from Twitter.

I don’t think leaks are allowed here. I’ve seen the leaked trailer though if you want to see I can shoot you a PM.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

There is one thing I loved about this movie. The DoD is portrayed as a complete joke and I found every scene involving them to be hilarious. I agree with the tweet that the movie is a better exploration of the military industrial complex than the biggest movie franchise of all time (which frequently features the DoD and the military).

Don't like the military very much, do you?

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, CoolioD1 said:

this movie sucked. pikachu  Sonic just wouldn't shut the hell up.

Ok, I didn't hate it but I spent so much time thinking "....This didn't need to be on Earth, why didn't we just stay in Green Hill Zone. Shut UP, Sonic.".

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, they're garbage and use movies (Marvel and Transformers movies are the two biggest ones) to sell their propaganda around the world. 

Why are you so anti-establishment when it comes to the military? Are you as critical of all military establishments across the world? Honest question. It seems like foolish skepticism to me, but I am merely opening a form of discussion here. I would argue the DoJ has a larger spectrum of crimes against humanity than the DoD, but this is a topic about a Sonic film.

PS: The Transformer films are a joke as well. So are the recent terrible Godzilla films. Shhhh. I hear people like to defend those recent Godzilla films on the internet.

Edited by ThePhasmid

11 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Why are you so anti-establishment when it comes to the military? Are you as critical of all military establishments across the world? Honest question. It seems like foolish skepticism to me, but I am merely opening a form of discussion here. I would argue the DoJ has a larger spectrum of crimes against humanity than the DoD, but this is a topic about a Sonic film.

I am critical of every military establishment across the world. But other countries don't sell the military as an amazing thing to the world through billion dollar grossing movies while also causing so much destruction and violence at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

PS: The Transformer films are a joke as well. So are the recent terrible Godzilla films. Shhhh. I hear people like to defend those recent Godzilla films on the internet.

I don't want to get into a huge argument here, but the Military does a necessary job. Abolishing the Military makes about as much sense as abolishing the police force.

They are by no means above criticism, but, yeah, the "Everything Military Is Evil" smacks of Anti Establishment posturing and I suspect those who do it are living in their own little reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, they're garbage and use movies (Marvel and Transformers movies are the two biggest ones) to sell their propaganda around the world. 

Include DC in that conspiracy; they used the National Guard in "Man of SteeL" 

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I don't want to get into a huge argument here, but the Military does a necessary job. Abolishing the Military makes about as much sense as abolishing the police force.

They are by no means above criticism, but, yeah, the "Everything Military Is Evil" smacks of Anti Establishment posturing and I suspect those who do it are living in their own little reality.

I don't think everything military is evil or that it needs to be abolished. I think the military is given too much importance and power. 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I am critical of every military establishment across the world. But other countries don't sell the military as an amazing thing to the world through billion dollar grossing movies while also causing so much destruction and violence at the same time.

Are you Miss America ?

Because they agree with you.

War is bad.

But love is great.

Edited by The Futurist