Ash Skywalker

The Nice Guys

4 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

He can't.

And he basically has the same facial expressions on in nearly every scene he is in ever.  I've never understood why people see him as a great actor. 

Eh? Agree to disagree. I'm not even a huge fan of the dude either... But, even still, pretty talented.

7 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

He can't.

And he basically has the same facial expressions on in nearly every scene he is in ever.  I've never understood why people see him as a great actor. 

Maybe it's you then, not everyone else.  

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Maybe it's you then, not everyone else.  

That could be it.

That's a possibility.  

But, the last film I saw him in was The Big Short. He basically delivered all his dialogue with the same emotion-ridden flat-faced flair the entire time.  And it was hilarious. He's supposed to be coming across as convincing here ? 

Chris Pine could have done a better job with this scene. Chris Pine is a better actor than Ryan Gosling, Gosling, just, for some reason, has a look Hollywood is friendlier to than him. 

And he looks the same here as he does in The Nice Guys' trailer. 

Edited by Otakusai
  • Like 1

Gosling actually has my favorite performance in The Big Short. Carell is "better" but damnit, I loved watching Gosling in that and got excited whenever he was on screen.

Anyway, updated predicts:

OW: 16M

DOM: 55M

• Like 3

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Gosling is a better comedic actor than a dramatic one (and I do consider him a very good dramatic actor). I'm glad he's starting to appear in movies where he looks like he's having fun again.

I thought Drive was great, but I agree.  He's funny, run with it Ryan.

Ryan Gosling investigated all parts of Rachel McAdams' body.

He basically knows what heaven looks like.

What have you done with your life, uh ?

Edited by The Futurist

Great movie, Gosling & Crowe are fabulous, insane chemistry, Angourie Rice is also great as Gosling's daughter, a real find. Nobody does it like Shane Black, the dialogue is uniquely his, so sharp and witty, the whole thing is super funny with a few emotional touches here & there that make it even better. There's one awesome set piece towards the end of the movie that is so funny, cleverly constructed and just flat out exciting. 

I think it's going to do very well, it should, because there's some real franchise potential here imo, I don't think there's the intent to do so, but you'll want to see more of those three together in another adventure. 

By the way, Gosling is a great f**** actor, that is all.

• Like 1