Ash Skywalker

The Nice Guys

3 hours ago, damienroc said:

Does anyone have a definitive list on which Shane Black films take place around Christmas? Because it's been ages since I saw some of them and can't remember.

Six of his screenplays are all set at Christmastime: Lethal Weapon (1987), The Last Boy Scout (1991), The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), Iron Man 3(2013), and the unproduced Shadow Company.

From IMDb.

On January 10, 2016 at 10:22 AM, jandrew said:

Wow, that looks dope. I know its super early, but possible 2017 Oscar contender? 

Most likely Original Screenplay and nothing else.

This looks fantastic, though. Got the trailer in front of The Revenant, it was the highlight of the day for me.

21 minutes ago, acab said:

This looks awesome. One of my most anticipated films of the summer.

I hope it makes some solid numbers and doesn't get buried under all the summer blockbusters.

I think $50M would be great for this. 70s crime comedy is a tough/limited-in-appeal sell, Crowe hasn't been a reliable draw in years and Gosling has never been one. They're clearly positioning it as counterprogramming as it's been finished since like last fall, and I hope it pays off.

• Like 1