Ash Skywalker

The Nice Guys

This won't make a ton of money (by summer movie standards at least) but I can't wait to see it. This just looks like so much fun. Despite neither having made their names in lighter fare, Crowe and Gosling look like a match made in comedy heaven (and FTR I consider Gosling is a better comedic actor than a dramatic one and I already consider him a very strong dramatic actor).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I don't care, I'm putting this in my top 15 for the summer game. 

No doubt. I do hope it'll do well.

I just know it'll be in my Top 5 for sure.

This movie simply appeals so much to my aesthetic. 

Thank Goodness it comes out soon, cause this May looks so pathetically unappealing to me after the first weekend. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

My long range prediction:

May 20: 20M (4M weekdays, 24M total)

May 27 (4 day): 20M (2.5M Tues-Thurs, 46.5M total)

Jun 3: 12M (2.5M weekdays, 61M total)

Jun 10: 8M (1.7M weekdays, 70.7M total)

Jun 17: 5.5M (1.1M weekdays, 77.3M total)

Jun 24: 3.5M (700k weekdays, 81.5M total)

Jul 1: 2.1M (1M weekdays, 84.5M total)

Jul 8: 1.2M (500k weekdays, 86.2M total)

Jul 15: 700k (300k weekdays, 87.2M total)

WB has played their cards smart so far with marketing by only airing ads during major sporting events; the main marketing push begins today.

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I'd love for this to do well, but man you guys are optimistic. Have to say, WB is promoting the hell out of this. Seeing a bunch of commercials already. They aren't dumping it at least.

Agreed. As much as I'm looking forward to this, I know it's not gonna be a big blockbuster. Period crime comedy has always been a tough sell to the masses.

On April 12, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Arlborn said:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is one of my favorite movies ever and, for obvious reasons, the humor and action of this one seems so similar; I'm sure I'll love the crap out of this one too.

You just got on @Telemachos's shit list. 

Be careful. 

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

It just shows she has a black heart. :ph34r: 

Well, if you're a semi-popular actress approaching that Only-In-Hollywood undesirable age of 40 and given the option of choosing between a Disney TV series or playing Mark Whalberg's wife in the Boston Marathon movie, which do you think sounds like a better career move (or has the smallest chance of having your LFD arriving as soon as possible)? Think about it, Old Man River.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Well, if you're a semi-popular actress approaching that Only-In-Hollywood undesirable age of 40 and given the option of choosing between a Disney TV series or playing Mark Whalberg's wife in the Boston Marathon movie, which do you think sounds like a better career move (or has the smallest chance of having your LFD arriving as soon as possible)? Think about it, Old Man River.

...but which one will be played more on TV....?!