pepsa

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies OS Thread | 700M OS passed

Well I have no opinion on the twilight series, I haven't read or watched a single one. Harry potter I could understand because each volume is so thick it's hard to put enough details in a single 2 hour movie. It was a common complaint I had with the harry potter series up to book 6 and I'm glad they split the seventh it was a much better film for it and the box office reflects that. 

About the Hobbit, I've read the book and it's not really that long in comparison, not enough to warrant a trilogy certainly, and the running time seems so bloated in each installment. So while splitting DH might have been warranted and justified even, I don't feel nearly the same way about the hobbit. 

Again, I'm not really against Hobbit 3 nor do I think it will decrease for certain I'm just highlighting the possibility. 

Than what about the split up of The Hunger games, I don't want that, the last book was the less intresting of all and the shortest (if i remember wel) I don't want that they split it up. I mean the other two movie were already very slow and most of the time borring for me. 

Than what about the split up of The Hunger games, I don't want that, the last book was the less intresting of all and the shortest (if i remember wel) I don't want that they split it up. I mean the other two movie were already very slow and most of the time borring for me. 

I'm not sure, I haven't read the hunger games either. 

thx for starting the thread

really without a trailer its even harder to predict. Hopefully PJ wont make it too long

The problem with the trilogy isnt that 'oooh the book is too short ZOMG!!' its the fact that both movies could be trimmed significantly & be wayy better paced.  

I guess TABA will be around DOS & a bit more but only a bit

For now I'll have it at 715-720 mil 750 at most

Here DOS crossed 45 but with the shit exchange rate idk if TABA makes even 40 with the same # of admissions, Japan will flop again so no surprise here, China may be a bit more, UK - debatable (i was disappoined with DOS decline), germany will be strong again idk maybe even more than DOS if lucky 

• Like 1

thx for starting the thread

really without a trailer its even harder to predict. Hopefully PJ wont make it too long

The problem with the trilogy isnt that 'oooh the book is too short ZOMG!!' its the fact that both movies could be trimmed significantly & be wayy better paced.  

I guess TABA will be around DOS & a bit more but only a bit

For now I'll have it at 715-720 mil 750 at most

Here DOS crossed 45 but with the shit exchange rate idk if TABA makes even 40 with the same # of admissions, Japan will flop again so no surprise here, China may be a bit more, UK - debatable (i was disappoined with DOS decline), germany will be strong again idk maybe even more than DOS if lucky 

I don't know, first of all we need to wait the trailler and maby for the last part they will set up a huge marketing campain to sell the movie, create a hipe or something like that...

Being the final instalment in the Middle Earth franchise (or legend, as the trailer says) I think this will have an increase over its predecessor (besides overseas audiences care a lot less about quality when it comes to sequels and China is expanding exponentially).

$820M