Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Just watched Dragon 1 on DVD again to help myself feel better.  It has fewer moments of action in its first 70 minutes than most frenetic, ADHD animated movies aimed at kids.  The little training fights inside the dragon dome only last for 60 seconds or so and then the director cuts to go back to focusing on story.  It is impressive because the director trusts the story/material enough to not feel the need to bombard the kids in the audience with action (until the final 20 minutes or so).  Reminded me of how restrained the direction is in something like "Where The Wild Things Are". 

I liked HTTYD2, but it wasn't as "fun" as the first.  Some of the best parts of the first were those training fights, watching Hiccup learning all those dragon tricks from watching Toothless and then applying them in the ring to effortlessly subdue the dragons.

Spoiling a Major Plot point in a Trailer may of hurt Dragon. This is why people should skip Trailers and show up to movies 15 minutes late ;)

I like to see the trailers so I can rate the upcoming movies with whomever I am with. Thumbs Up for a movie that looks good. Thumbs in the middle for a movie I am so-so about. And thumbs down for a movie that looks bad.

I like to see the trailers so I can rate the upcoming movies with whomever I am with. Thumbs Up for a movie that looks good. Thumbs in the middle for a movie I am so-so about. And thumbs down for a movie that looks bad.

Trailers are sometimes good and Bad for Movies but when they spoil pretty much a whole movie in a Trailer its very bad for it.

Trailers are sometimes good and Bad for Movies but when they spoil pretty much a whole movie in a Trailer its very bad for it.

I can't argue with that. However, I still like seeing the trailers and don't expect to spoil most of the movie when I see them.

I liked HTTYD2, but it wasn't as "fun" as the first.  Some of the best parts of the first were those training fights, watching Hiccup learning all those dragon tricks from watching Toothless and then applying them in the ring to effortlessly subdue the dragons.

My favorite thing about the first is the Viking dad who always wants to go to war.  I studied Political Science in college, and that guy reminded me of some conservative politicians who say we should not have mosques built in America.  Just an ignorant guy who doesn't know any better than to always feel threatened by everybody - always living in fear.  Israel and Palestine is the same way.  It is a primitive mindset to always be at war or afraid of everybody.

Edited by Ando81

Maleficent ownage? :rofl:

Seriously with so much b!tching and hoping HTTYD2 will murder Maleficent it hit back like a boomerang. Though I still think HTTYD2 will end up better than Maleficent in the long run.

. So is this good

Well, if you were to extrapolate his theater to the entire nation, that would mean it would be flat including previews which would be really good. Probably not happening though.

• Like 3

I simply can't wrap my brain around the fact that HTTYD2 will open a mere 5-10m higher than the first. No animated competition this summer, beloved predecessor, great reviews, summer release. What the literal fuck? :unsure:

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3