Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

In the No. 3 position is Maleficent from Disney which held well with a new family-friendly entry coming into the marketplace. It grabbed an estimated $7.15M and is on track to take in around $19M to $20MEdge of Tomorrow, the sci-fi actioner which got a little bit better action at the turnstile Saturday night than expected with $5.9M to push it to around $15.6M for the three-day. That’s how it looks tonight and will have a better idea after the dust clears in the AM.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

Posted Image

• Like 1

I was gonna say that this is reminding me of Magic Mike. Just kinda doing whatever the hell it wants too. Still ended up close to a 3x too, which is crazy.

Doesn't matter. Magic Make still made a ton of money and helped boost Tatum's career. :ph34r:

• Like 1

America gave it a sub 50% drop in summer. Somethings wrong with WB.

Yeah, after watching the beginning I realized they totally missed the message they should have sent through the marketing.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter. Magic Make still made a ton of money and helped boost Tatum's career. :ph34r:

I'm not making fun of MM or anything. I fucking enjoyed the hell out it. It's just that for such a front loaded OW, it grew some legs and almost got that 3x. Which is crazy when you think about it.
  • Like 1

It all lead to JA. WB giveth, and WB taketh away.

Edited by a2k

Despicable Me 2 had a multiplier of 4.4 with only a 75% on RT and a 84% score on Flixster.  Give this movie a month and it will impress.  I see it only dropping 25% from weekend to weekend.

Edited by Ando81

Despicable Me 2 had a multiplier of 4.4 with only a 75% on RT and a 84% score on Flixster.  Give this movie a month and it will impress.  I see it only dropping 25% from weekend to weekend.

Opened on a Wed. Already burnt 59m before the ow. Good lord, how much would Dragon 2 have made with a Wed opening. Calculate 4.4x off of that.

• Like 1

So that's

Maleficent: −41%, $165m cume

TFIOS: −67%, $82m cume

EoT: −45%, $56m cume

Honestly, I'm impressed with that hold for TFIOS, I half expected a very teen movie like uber-frontloaded run.  Take away the OD and the run's been pretty respectable.

• Like 1