Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

I'm thinking this translates to a Friday in the low-to-mid 20s. With a boost on Father's day, this could still get to $60m. I think that we might be surprised at how leggy this and Dragon 2 are.

And before anyone panics about Dragon's numbers, remember that Monsters University only made $2.7m on Thursday night.

Have HTTYD2's numbers even been posted yet?

I'm thinking this translates to a Friday in the low-to-mid 20s. With a boost on Father's day, this could still get to $60m. I think that we might be surprised at how leggy this and Dragon 2 are.

And before anyone panics about Dragon's numbers, remember that Monsters University only made $2.7m on Thursday night.

so true 

Monsters University did $2.6m.

• Like 2

I'm expecting it to hit in $2.5m-$3.5m range that would be great and satisfying

Edited by Ash
  • Like 1

With a 5.5M start, and Father's Day helping the box office on Sunday, 65M should be possible - although I think Dragon 2 will probably benefit more from Father's Day compared to 22JS.

I think Father's Day means dads get the choose the movie they go to, so 22JS should benefit more from this. ;)

Edited by Mojoguy

Going to have two 70+ mil openers. When was the last time that happened?!?!

nevah.

only 4th time that we will have 2 50m+ openers

"If both movies open over $50 million, this will be only the fourth time in history that has happened. The other three times were also in June: Monsters University and World War Z in June 2013, Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted and Prometheus in June 2012, and WALL-E and Wanted in June 2008." http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3856&p=.htm

2 70m+ openers this weekend is not locked either.

Frozen and catching fire?

did not open on the same weekend. also frozen was 68m.

Edited by a2k