CaptainJackSparrow

Straight Outta Compton | August 14, 2015

White Musicians beat women back in the 70's and 80's, why don't White people criticize them before coming after black people, it was the culture back then, in all communities, whites want blacks to move on from slavery because it was the culture back then, you all need to accept musicians abusing women was the culture back then across all racial lines, leave this man alone and let's all do better to treat women better

Well I would criticize them too. Like if someone ever makes an Ozzy bio pic and leaves out him abusing Sharon and getting arrested for trying to kill her. I'd say that's a rewrite of history. Although I'm sure Sharon would write it that way since Ozzy is her cash cow.

Everyone's throwing out names like Run DMC and Tupac, but I think we should see a mid-90s Will Smith rap biopic. Like, I'm dying to know the political turmoil caused by the lyrics of "Gettin Jiggy wit It".

LOL, I think a Will Bio Pic will have more than the Hip Hop side but technically speaking the world knew him as a rapper first from the 80's. It was one of my first rap albums I got and I loved the song "Nightmare on My Street" which showed Will's storytelling skills.  It's funny they sued to keep it off the soundtrack for Freddy 4:Dream Master, lol.  

I think what "Notorious" and "Straight Outta Compton" proved is that for a Hip Hop Bio Pic you have to have controversy and sadly someone had to die.  Biggie died and Eazy E died.   In Run DMC, Jam Master Jay died and there was a lot of drama so I think it could work.   Of course Tupac died and his entire career was pretty controversal.   That's why those two I'd pick next.   I think Wu Tang could be interesting as one of it's members Ol' Dirty Bastard (Ol D B)) died and it has 9 members so there's so many stories.   

run-dmc.jpg?w=590

tupac_2011_a_p.jpg

Edited by filmscholar

So Europeans are not fans of gansta rap,

It's doing decent in the UK. People act like a movie about late 80s Rap (which was recorded in English) was supposed to sell everywhere. I only expected this to do well in English speaking countries.

• Like 1

It's doing decent in the UK. People act like a movie about late 80s Rap (which was recorded in English) was supposed to sell everywhere. I only expected this to do well in English speaking countries.

It is gonna do go business in UK and Australia, and that is it. Most countries are not even getting it as a theatrical release.