CaptainJackSparrow

Straight Outta Compton | August 14, 2015

My prediction is opening day: 15

Saturday: 10

Sunday: 7

34 OW

Total: 60

Is this a joke? I think I might be too dense lol. A 1.76 multiplier would be pitiful especially since most of us think this will score with critics.

It is probably a joke and I fell for the trap. :/

Just out of curiosity, Matt, why?

Do u think the audience for this will be more diverse? Im not criticizing, im curious.

There hasn't been an African American centric film all summer long. Usually by now there's been a Tyler Perry movie or at least something to satisfy the audience. Also I expect this to receive really good reviews so even if it doesn't diversify its audience much, people will go again.

I've been saying this for months, but this movie is exactly in the right place at the right time as Fahrenheit 9/11 was. With all the racial tensions in the US between police and people of colour this is one of those movies to capitalize on the zeitgeist of emotions right now. I don't even view this as an autobiography and I'm pretty sure most others don't either just by watching the trailer

Those are my thoughts anyways.

• Like 4

Terrific post Matt.

You convinced me to change my tune

OW 45

Total 90

Once you predict 100m then and only then will I have succeeded :P Also can you check out the BSG thread and SOTM thread also? Got a couple questions I'd like answered when you get the chance :)

• Like 1