stripe

Monday Numbers: 22J 6.9,HTTYD2 5.1,Malef 2.2

iJack: the Nolanites are the reason that it didn't do that well at the box office

iJack: TASM 2 is my fav Spidey film and one of the best of the genre. I blame Sam Raimi and Batman for the bad reception of the movie. Everyone thinks Spider-Man is Batman, but he is not, he is better than Batman. Electro is way better than the Joker, and Harry Osborne is better than Harvey Dent. In fact, TASM2 is better than The Dark Knight.

• Like 1

Some movies have better weekends, and some have better weekdays. And with Fathers Day on Sunday, that Sunday to Monday drop tells us absolutely nothing.

So here's a more useful comparison. The Thursday to Monday drop:

(since theoretically weekday to weekday is a better comparison)

TFIOS - 38% drop

Malef - 39%

EOT - 26%

X-Men - 28% (assuming it's right at 1.0M)

Monday to Monday drops

FiOS - 53.9%

Malef - 45.5%

EoT - 45.6%

DoFP - 43.2%

FiOS reduced on both Sat and Sun. And more than 50% on Sun at that. The Monday is not surprising.

• Like 2

iJack: TASM 2 is my fav Spidey film and one of the best of the genre. I blame Sam Raimi and Batman for the bad reception of the movie. Everyone thinks Spider-Man is Batman, but he is not, he is better than Batman. Electro is way better than the Joker, and Harry Osborne is better than Harvey Dent. In fact, TASM2 is better than The Dark Knight.

iJack: from a quality perspective, TASM2 is the TDK of Spider-Man films.

• Like 2

That's pretty impressive.

It dropped 50%. It is impressive how badly HTTYD2 opened, tho. Both things are actually impressive on their own right. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2