John Marston

Thursday Numbers (RTH) - 22 J 5.4,HTTYD2 4.75,Malef 2.5

I hope DOFP has another 35-40% hold this weekend to get it closer to $230 million.

Indeed. Passing X3 could still be doable with a good hold this weekend and good weekdays next week, before TF4 kills it.
  • Like 2

I hope DOFP has another 35-40% hold this weekend to get it closer to $230 million.

God willing we will end this summer with Last Stand not being the top grossing Xmen film. We need something.If you say inflation, I'll punch you.
  • Like 9

God willing we will end this summer with Last Stand not being the top grossing Xmen film. We need something.If you say inflation, I'll punch you.

That would really be my feel-good story for the summer cinema season. Having such a quality movie become the biggest in the series, not just WW (where the result is spectacular), but domestic as well would make me forget all other disappointments. Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 2

Thu-Thu % Change

Mal -30%

DOFP (if it stays flat from yesterday) -25.5%

Wed-Thu  % Change

22JS  -6.5%

HTTYD2 -0.6%

MAL - +4.4%

Edited by jj99
  • Like 4

I just realised that besides Shrek, only three Dreamworks Animation films ever passed $200 million domestically: KFP, HTTYD and Mad 3. They are really in need for a big franchise, but I wonder what they have to do to reach that goal. Both KFP and especially HTTYD were extremely well-received and yet their sequels still decreased (or stayed flat depending on HTTYD 2's legs).

• Like 2

I had actually forgotten that Mad 3 was that successful. Is Mad 6 already in the works?

Mad3 was such a piece of shit.

Is it not woeful that to get butts in seats, you have to create a joke as crass, unfunny and racist as Afro Circus? I really don't know how it increased from Mad2. I predicted sub-100m...hahaha yeah, a terrible prediction.

• Like 2

Mad3 was such a piece of shit. Is it not woeful that to get butts in seats, you have to create a joke as crass, unfunny and racist as Afro Circus? I really don't know how it increased from Mad2. I predicted sub-100m...hahaha yeah, a terrible prediction.

MAD 3 is a good animation movie.Not great but funny and with amazing 3D!
  • Like 1

Mad3 was such a piece of shit.

Is it not woeful that to get butts in seats, you have to create a joke as crass, unfunny and racist as Afro Circus? I really don't know how it increased from Mad2. I predicted sub-100m...hahaha yeah, a terrible prediction.

I enjoyed it, hell, I enjoyed all three films.

• Like 3