rukaio101

CAYOM Y9: Part 2- Predictions

Well, I'll say this

If I was to predict Red Pyramid and someone else was doing actuals, it wouldn't be nearly as high as 64M or nearly as low as 13M

Also, Rukaio, Wright has become a mainstream director in CAYOM with Miserable Fans. Granted, Thin Fat Felon is much more niche than that film but still.

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

Well, I'll say thisIf I was to predict Red Pyramid and someone else was doing actuals, it wouldn't be nearly as high as 64M or nearly as low as 13MAlso, Rukaio, Wright has become a mainstream director in CAYOM with Miserable Fans. Granted, Thin Fat Felon is much more niche than that film but still.

Tbh I thought Miserable Fans was more niche, lol
  • Like 1

Well, I'll say this

If I was to predict Red Pyramid and someone else was doing actuals, it wouldn't be nearly as high as 64M or nearly as low as 13M

Bad Blank. Stop trying to take the middle ground. 

Also, Rukaio, Wright has become a mainstream director in CAYOM with Miserable Fans. Granted, Thin Fat Felon is much more niche than that film but still.

Miserable Fans may have had a $30+ opener, but that doesn't make Wright the sort of director who can automatically draw excellent audiences for his movies through his name only, unlike what the internet tends to believe (which was what I was, admittedly somewhat confusedly, trying to say). Even Seth McFarlane, who is a much bigger name among the GA couldn't manage that strong a performance for a similar premise. Admittedly, TTTF&TF is likely to have better reviews and weaker competition, hence why I put it at a mid-low 20's predict, much higher than Million Ways. And the legs should be fantastic. But I don't really see it getting a much higher OW. 

• Like 1

Prediction total for Where You Imagine?

Depends on what the reviews are like. I think I'm the only one to submit one for it so far.

Since me and Alpha seem to agree on a high 10's/low 20's OW, with average sized legs you're probably looking at a $55-65m domestic total.

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 1

Depends on what the reviews are like. I think I'm the only one to submit one for it so far.

Since me and Alpha seem to agree on a high 10's/low 20's OW, with average sized legs you're probably looking at a $55-65m domestic total.

Really bad if this happen, I was very satisfied with the story and I decided on the last minute to leave it open for sequels. Watch the movie again, a D+ is impossible  :(, also remember the plot is a summary of story.

• Like 1

Really bad if this happen, I was very satisfied with the story and I decided on the last minute to leave it open for sequels. Watch the movie again, a D+ is impossible :(, also remember the plot is a summary of story.

Well a $55-65 million domestic total when your movie has a $75 million budget isn't too bad. I mean you aren't esclipsing the budget domestically, but you'll probably end up with a good worldwide gross.
  • Like 2

Well a $55-65 million domestic total when your movie has a $75 million budget isn't too bad. I mean you aren't esclipsing the budget domestically, but you'll probably end up with a good worldwide gross.

I hope it do well foreign  :unsure:

Edited by Blink23
  • Like 1

Mine - $3.1m/$5.6m

Samara - $32.7m/$63.3m

Ship of Lies - $13.6m/$46.5m

Alice In Horrorland - $36,2m/$89.1m

Tortoise Run - $12.7m/$45.8m

Among The Impostors - $44.7m/$126.8m

Dystopia U.S.A. - $10.7m/$27.6m

Change of Heart - $15.2m/$49.3m

Skyjumper - $10.9m/$35.7m

Last Six 3D - $5.8m/$14.4m

• Like 3

Samara - $44.3m/$93.03m

Mine - $4.2m/$8.4m

Ship of Lies - 13.2m/56m

Alice in Horrorland - 29.7m/74.3m

Tortoise Run - 9.8m/37.4m

Among the Imposters - 48m/144m

Dystopia, U.S.A - 17m/37.4m

Change of Heart - 12m/42m

Skyjumper - 14m/47.6m

Last Six 3D - 6.0m/12.6m

• Like 3

Samara- 30.3/57.2Ship of lies- 12.8/50.1Mine- 2.6/4Alice in horrorland- 37/84Tortoise run- 14/40Among the imposters- 35.3/108Dystopia, USA- 14/37 (think this will struggle at CAYOM box office but will earn a massive cult following)Skyjumper- 31/110 (big breakout)Change of heart- 14/43The last six 3D- 7/13

Time to update these predictions with more reviews and predicitons inSamara- 40.3/77 (bumped up as predictions are going higher and the reviews have been quite good)Ship of lies- 14.5/50.1 (bumped OW, total same)Mine- 2.2/3.7 (the other 2 films are going to smash this)Alice in wonderland- 33/80 (a couple of not as strong reviews and tough competition why bumped down a bit, mostly on OW though)Tortoise run- 14/40 (same)Among the imposters- 35.3/108 (same)Dystopia, USA- 12/31 (just can't see this doing well, for some reason giving me a movie 43 vibe but with good reviews to increase the box office)Skyjumper- 31/105 (lowered total a bit)Change of heart- 14/43 (same)The last six 3D- 6/12 (lowered a little bit)
  • Like 1

Numbers theory- 30/90 (non stop numbers)Slenderman: the search- 17/33Walking alone- 42.7/128Ice desert- 45/135 (can see this doing shark tale OW as it has weaker release date but better reviews and with smaller legs due to competition. Also the reviews have been quite a bit on the up since the first couple of predicitons)Teen titans- 68/220The best of you- 28/80The cave- 6.1/15 (exact same numbers as the real 2005 film called the cave. Release date is main factor for poor performance)Phoenix wright part 1- 17/52 (can see this struggling for some reason)Childhood ruined 2- 7/16The Tudors- 900-3.1/8.6MarchLegacy of the joestars- 47/141If- 38.7/162.4Where you imagine- 31/87Conventionally wiser- 14/45The thin, the fat and the fellon- 43/145 (think this will be the big breakout this quarter)Black cat- 32/105Peace at last- 15.8/52The red pyramid- 36/94Our future- 26/72 (simillar to WHD Numbers)Islands of dreams- 17M total (as much as I want this to do well, I can't see it happening)

• Like 1