#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Wow, where the hell are the legs for HTTYD2? Lots of folks thought Spidey would be bigger than it was, and some folks were expecting more for X-Men and Godzilla too. But HTTYD2 has got to go down as by far the biggest disappointment of the summer. It may not even get anywhere near 200M.

• Like 1

Crap I fell asleep for a few hours, woke up to use the bathroom and now I haven't been able to back to sleep.Anyway does anyone think if Cruise hadn't done Oblivion, EOT might be doing a little better?

• Like 2

5). Maleficent (DIS), 3,450 theaters (-173) / $3.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $12M+ (-35%) / Total expected cume: $185M+ / Wk 4

6). Edge of Tomorrow (WB), 3,212 theaters (-293) / $3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $9.85M to $10M (-39%) / Total cume: $74M+ / Wk 3

8). X-Men: Days of Future Past (FOX), 2,681 theaters (-361) / $1.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.37M (-36%) / Total cume: $217M / Wk 5

9). Godzilla (WB), 2,088  theaters (-1,022) / $560K Fri. / 3-day cume: $1.87M (-45%) / Total cume: $194.9M / Wk 6

Posted Image

• Like 1

I'm really digging those numbers for both X-Men and EOT.

X-Men has a realistic shot at 230, while there's still a chance for EOT to sneak up to 100, which would be great considering it pretty much opened in After Earth range.

Crap I fell asleep for a few hours, woke up to use the bathroom and now I haven't been able to back to sleep.Anyway does anyone think if Cruise hadn't done Oblivion, EOT might be doing a little better?

Considering Oblivion opened to 37m ? Id say yes. But Oblivion Visually popped more. Universal gave it a better campaign then Edge got. 

HTTYD2 will get around 23-24m this weekend. Even with a 4x multiplier from here on, it will only finish with 165m.Many people had pegged it for the biggest movie of the summer. But it will not even make Top-5.

And that's terribly sad.

Is DOFP going to top Last Stand?

Probably not. There's still a tiny bit of hope left, but chances are slim.

Note that deadline's weekend projection of X-Men seems a little too high to me, if you're trying to project forward using their numbers.