John Marston

Weekend Actuals - 6/20-6/22

Where's AMC Empire 25? It's not in the top 20? I feel a disturbance in the force.

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realize this was just for TLAM2.

No it's the top theaters and they all are TLAM2.

• Like 2

I have no idea what you just said. But I think you're saying some late PR box office is legit. :lol:

I concluded from what RTH said that it's very easy to PR a movie. Some theaters in Puerto Rico are counted towards domestic and some towards international. Thus, nothing is stopping a studio...like oh Paramount for instance, to decide that they will count more theaters towards domestic for some movies than for others. They just have to shift the numbers from international to domestic.

In Fox's case, they are counting PR twice....in Domestic and OS. Only the WW numbers count PR once.

• Like 2

I concluded from what RTH said that it's very easy to PR a movie. Some theaters in Puerto Rico are counted towards domestic and some towards international. Thus, nothing is stopping a studio...like oh Paramount for instance, to decide that they will count more theaters towards domestic for some movies than for others. They just have to shift the numbers from international to domestic.

In Fox's case, they are counting PR twice....in Domestic and OS. Only the WW numbers count PR once.

Whoa! Thanks for that. Now I get it.

Where's AMC Empire 25? It's not in the top 20? I feel a disturbance in the force.

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't realize this was just for TLAM2.

Its top engagements which this week TLAM2 dominates, the Empires highest grossing was EOT ranks #158. In top grossing thrs (all films) Empire this week way down the list, however year to date all films Empire is as usual #1

• Like 3

Its top engagements which this week TLAM2 dominates, the Empires highest grossing was EOT ranks #158. In top grossing thrs (all films) Empire this week way down the list, however year to date all films Empire is as usual #1

And order has been restored to the galaxy.

The Regal E-Walk and AMC Empire are located right across the street from each other (I saw Frozen at the former when I was in NYC for Thanksgiving last year) so they show different movies, FYI.

Yeah and Empire by itsself is a monster (15% above #2 theatre )its been highest grossing theatre every year since it opened except the first 1 or 2, now if you combine it with E-walk gross as well the 42st theatres take an absolute fortune

• Like 2

Yeah and Empire by itsself is a monster (15% above #2 theatre )its been highest grossing theatre every year since it opened except the first 1 or 2, now if you combine it with E-walk gross as well the 42st theatres take an absolute fortune

It's so different from the old days when 42nd Street was all prostitutes.

• Like 2