Plain Old Tele

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

As if we needed to keep listing stupid things about this movie.

The man-made Transformers are shown to be able to disperse like sand and reassemble themselves. We barely see that when the Autobots are fighting them off. If the man-made Decepticons had the ability to disperse like sand, they should have been a lot harder to fight.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I think it was better than the last 2, but still was just ok.  It didn't feel long to me, but I can see why people felt that way.  There was plenty that could have been cut out.

I enjoyed the continuation of the storyline of all four movies and also enjoyed the new cast.  Well all the cast except for the boyfriend.  He was pretty bad.

The Dinobots were a good addition and were pretty cool, as well.

I enjoyed the little references to the original animated movie with Galvatron and all too.

Overall, it was entertaining enough to keep me interested and not feel like I wasted my time.

B

• Like 2

I think it was better than the last 2, but still was just ok.  It didn't feel long to me, but I can see why people felt that way.  There was plenty that could have been cut out.

I enjoyed the continuation of the storyline of all four movies and also enjoyed the new cast.  Well all the cast except for the boyfriend.  He was pretty bad.

The Dinobots were a good addition and were pretty cool, as well.

I enjoyed the little references to the original animated movie with Galvatron and all too.

Overall, it was entertaining enough to keep me interested and not feel like I wasted my time.

B

Nice 75 so its definitely better than Spiderman 2014  right?  God I hope so, cant have 2 major letdowns with franchises I support :D

Bay at least does what he does best with technical prowess, that's for sure IMO.

Amen Im glad you and 75 liked it... Both of you have similar tastes to myself. Saw alot of friends in here saying its POS  LOL. I was worried a bit, but I dont think anything could be worse than this years Spiderman as a tentpole movie.

Nice 75 so its definitely better than Spiderman 2014 right? God I hope so, cant have 2 major letdowns with franchises I support :D

It's much, much worse than TASM2. Edited by FTF

Loved it.

Right now I'd rank it above TF1 but that's probably because I've seen TF1 one too many times.

Didn't miss Shia at all.  His character got more irritating with every movie.  New characters are fine... not great but I think they'll get better in the next movie.  Bay tries force his characters into big 'emotional' situations and it typically makes them look stupid.

Typical Bay forced humor... but no where as bad as TF2. ( is anything? )

I liked the story and felt the pacing was fine... I never felt it was too long and was sorry it was over.

I'm already excited for the next one.

• Like 1

I actually thought that the seed would be used to stop Lockdown. It made sense since the Autobots were busy with Galvatron and crew, and they kept setting up the seed as a nuke. I thought Optimus would take it to Lockdown's ship, trigger the seed and kill Lockdown and finish his crew off at the same time.

I actually thought that the seed would be used to stop Lockdown. It made sense since the Autobots were busy with Galvatron and crew, and they kept setting up the seed as a nuke. I thought Optimus would take it to Lockdown's ship, trigger the seed and kill Lockdown and finish his crew off at the same time.

Just like that 'Rail Gun' from Transformers 2. They only use it against that giant Decepticon, but they never think to use it on that sun machine thing.

I went with 3 friends today to see this and I flat out hated it. Barely better than ROTF which I also hated. My friends said it was the worst of the 4 movies. They like the other 3, so I still disliked it the most. 

The plot of this movie jumps all over the place and it is really bad. The humor in this movie is really bad too. The only somewhat remotely funny stuff comes from TJ Miller in the beginning. 

The acting in this is not good. There are good actors in it like Tucci, but he way overacted the whole time. Nicola Peltz was by far the worst of the bunch, but the dude who played her boyfriend wasn't much better. I should have expected she would be bad though since she was atrocious in The Last Airbender. 

I didn't buy Kelsey Grammar as bad guy at all. His death was hilarious as it just happened out of nowhere really fast. Wahlberg had a lot of bad one liners that made me laugh, but I was the only one in the theater laughing. 

The best actor in the movie was TJ Miller, but sadly he was killed over way to early in the movie. His death was hilarious though with how quick he died and how it happened. 

Also, I hated that this ended with another corny Optimus Prime speech. 

All of this is made worse because of the really long runtime. It should have been a lot shorter.

Easily my least favorite movie of the year.

I give this a.......

D(64) 

Edited by Empire
  • Like 3