CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

8 minutes ago, sabrecmc said:

Predator and Aliens franchises have so disappointed me.  *sigh*  This looks lame, sorry.  Shane Black is hit or miss for me, but this doesn't do it for me at all.  I'll just pull out my original Predator DVD and watch that.

They should just let these franchises and terminator die.

• Like 1

Like the "Alien" series, I will always support "Predator" films (Even though both AVP films were a mess, lol)   With that said, this teaser was a little all over the place.   I know it's early but I'm gonna need to see more.   Looks more like "Predator 2" as far as taking place in a community, in that case Danny Glover took on the Predator in 97' LA.   "Predators" wasn't a good sequel to me though I liked the concept of a Predator Training Planet.   Forget Earth.  They need to go years into future and have an Elite Space Force "Ala Aliens" go to the Predator Planet and take them on, that's what I'm talking about.  

Edited by filmscholar

It is an adequate trailer. I was hoping for more honestly but I intend to be there. Unlike the Scott prequel Alien films and T:G I've not yet been disappointed by the Predator films. 

Hoping they've held back some money shots for a second trailer and will still hold some back for the final film. 

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, it is just a teaser.....it can still be a good movie, it's just not a great first step, that's all.

Even if we disregard everything in this teaser, the thing is that this film simply lacks the proper actors to make it desirable to hardcore fans (and even the GA).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Even if we disregard everything in this teaser, the thing is that this film simply lacks the proper actors to make it desirable to hardcore fans (and even the GA).

So very true.

31 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

This looks like one of those straight-to-DVD Scorpion King sequels

Maybe one notch above but I don't disagree with your general assessment. 

Thing is, short of having Dwayne Johnson or Liam Nesson getting a name actor like Arnold was as rising talent or Danny Glover back in the day these films aren't getting the budget for a caliber star anymore. 

I still aim to be there OW if possible. 

Reading a lot of YouTube comments, and ten my friend’s dumb opinions (IMO) about “it looks too confusing, I don’t get what it’s going to be about!” 

Like, really? Idk about you, but the story seems pretty straightforward to me. This isn’t Inception we’re talking about, it’s a Predator movie. No clue how anyone could be confused by it

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Reading a lot of YouTube comments, and ten my friend’s dumb opinions (IMO) about “it looks too confusing, I don’t get what it’s going to be about!” 

Like, really? Idk about you, but the story seems pretty straightforward to me. This isn’t Inception we’re talking about, it’s a Predator movie. No clue how anyone could be confused by it

I don't understand how anyone would find the trailer confusing either. It's not like it's trying to be a "psychological thriller" or something. It looks like a standard entertaining Predator action film to me.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Who gave the boy at the beginning the power to control a spaceship? I don’t get it.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It's a dumb complaint. There's  Predators and There's people. That's the plot of the movie. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Maybe one notch above but I don't disagree with your general assessment. 

Thing is, short of having Dwayne Johnson or Liam Nesson getting a name actor like Arnold was as rising talent or Danny Glover back in the day these films aren't getting the budget for a caliber star anymore. 

I still aim to be there OW if possible. 

Pairing Dave  Batista and Arnie would be great and cheaper than the rock.

• Like 1