CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

While I don’t think this will be nearly as good as the second one(the best one) I think it could be as good as Predators from what I’m seeing, which is already a win.

I doubt I’ll be going to the movies for this though, unless someone I know really wanna go.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:14 PM, The Futurist said:

The first Predator was morally dubious though.

A Bunch of straight macho muscled males protecting a woman for 2 hours who didn't ask for anything and was perfectly capable of confronting the Predator by herself.

Definitely a movie from the ancient world, from a bygone era.

The woman was Dylan's prisoner. If protected in the sense of being under guard then sure, she was being protected. Dylan wanted to squeeze her for intel on the terrorist cell. 

She was perfectly capable of confronting the Predator? In what way? The Predator only let her live out of a sense of their code due to her having no weapon.

A great movie from the ancient world of the 80s.

I'm not getting the "feels" off this film that I want to or thought I would. It early feels competent right now and for a Shane Black film I expected to have better vibes. I'll see it though pending something keeps me away when it releases or in the few weeks after. 

The second trailer I saw, the one with EQ2, was miles better than the first one.  Now it looks like there is a super Predator and he is hunting regular predators.  Also, most of the comedic tone is gone and it's just back to the old feel of Predator.  I'm much more interested in this film now.

I wonder if it’s a tonal issue. The trailers are making it look like a generic action movie. The clip of the ensemble scene they showed at SDCC had the Hall and me in stitches. It was REAALLY FUNNY and the characters were delightfully batshit. I get none of that from the trailers and Hulu spots

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I wonder if it’s a tonal issue. The trailers are making it look like a generic action movie. The clip of the ensemble scene they showed at SDCC had the Hall and me in stitches. It was REAALLY FUNNY and the characters were delightfully batshit. I get none of that from the trailers and Hulu spots

It's Shane Black so there's bound to be an abundance of witty touches. But yeah, this movie is called The Predator and they want so sell it as an action flick.

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Deadpool 2 had reshoots like eight weeks before release and ended up fine too. Even with the poor test screening reports, this means nothing.

People forget that different cuts get screened too.

There's an old thread on another site where 3 guys saw Fast 8 but with different scenes (one where the baby is Vin's and another where the baby isn't). People kept arguing until they figured they saw 2 different cuts. 

• Like 1

I’m thinking the director made his movie and it’s not really what the studio wanted. 

However, it could turn out fine in the end. I’ll go and see this but won’t rush out, not big on these films. Lead blonde guy is hot though. 

• Like 1