CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

On 5/28/2016 at 4:52 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

Predator 2 is hardcore but it is missing Arnold . Wtf were they thinking ? Anyway in this new one the predator will turn out to be a comedian in a suit in the middle of the movie .

Arnold actually turned down Predator 2, hence why he didn't show up for the sequel.

It was a mistake that he wasn't back, but there was a reason why he didn't show up. As for my opinion on Predator 2, eh, it has it moments. I do really like the concept of taking the predator to the city though.

Also I'd love to Silvestri return to score, although I very much doubt he will back. Outside of scoring Zemeckis's films, and the occasional film, he's seem to be in semi-retirement nowadays, at least in terms of film composing, since he's not composing so many films these days. He does maybe one film a year on average. Heck they might not even approach him to comeback.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Arnold is not a factor anymore. Bring him back won't change anything. Look what happened on the new Terminator movie. But of cause, it might do fans a favor who love to see him back playing his old roles once again, but we're talking about a very small group of fans.

Edited by vc2002

23 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Predator 2 is pretty much unintentional comedy.  I mean really, Jamaican Voodoo gangs and Colombian drug dealers taking over the west coast?

Fuckin voodoo magic, mon!

And that's all part of its magic.

I'm gonna be honest here and say I am not a big fan of the first Predator, just as I am not a fan of the Alien franchise and that's for the same reason: I'm just not a big fan of horror movies. Yes, I know it was more action/sci-fi than horror, but the whole concept of an alien creature coming in and making a bloody mess is just not all that appealing to me . I really liked Predator 2 for making it about more than just the mindless killing. It was silly and dumb in fun ways.

Edited by Arlborn

1 hour ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Arnold actually turned it Predator 2, hence why he didn't show up for the sequel.

It was a mistake that he wasn't back, but there was a reason why he didn't show up. As for my opinion on Predator 2, eh, it has it moments. I do really like the concept of taking the predator to the city though.

Also I'd love to Silvestri return to score, although I very much doubt he will back. Outside of scoring Zemeckis's films, and the occasional film, he's seem to be in semi-retirement nowadays, at least in terms of film composing, since he's not composing so many films these days. He does maybe one film a year on average. Heck they might not even approach him to comeback.

I don't like this.  Predator is one of his iconic score.  Come back Silvestri!  Dutch needs you.

6 minutes ago, kowhite said:

I don't like this.  Predator is one of his iconic score.  Come back Silvestri!  Dutch needs you.

These things are out of their control unfortunately. Silvestri didn't come back to score Predators, and while Shane Black was involved with the original Predator, that doesn't necessarily mean Silvestri will end up composing this film. Would be great, if he did though.

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

These things are out of their control unfortunately. Silvestri didn't come back to score Predators, and while Shane Black was involved with the original Predator, that doesn't necessarily mean Silvestri will end up composing this film. Would be great, if he did though.

Not good enough Silvestri...DO IT.

8 hours ago, kowhite said:

"What's the matter Silvestri? Zemeckis got you pushing too many pencils?"

9 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

He was asked to score Predators but was busy. So much of that score is regurgitated Silvestri anyway.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

9 hours ago, kowhite said:

Not good enough Silvestri...DO IT.

You're in the Predator thread. You should know Arnold gives a much better DO IT speech.

• Like 3