La Binoche

Tues #s (Rth): 22j 4.4,HTTYD2 4.3,TLAM2 2.5,Malef 2.3,JB 2

much better than Maleficent, that's for sure

In your own opinion. In OZ, the acting was just flat with the exception of Weisz. Maleficent had flaws but the lead actress saved the movie from being bad.

• Like 1

Amazing hold for Maleficent, 230M+ is possible. :D Legs continue to be great on it. Haters have nothing to hold on to. 

I'm going to attempt a double bill today of Jersey Boys and Maleficent today.  Hope they are both good.

• Like 1

Watching Titanic as my background noise for work today.

I love doing that!!  I once watched all three SW (OT) films in one afternoon while doing taxes and paper work.

• Like 3

In your own opinion. In OZ, the acting was just flat with the exception of Weisz. Maleficent had flaws but the lead actress saved the movie from being bad.

Jolie was the only good thing about Maleficent. script, acting, direction, visuals, humor, even the FX (and score to some extent) sucked big time + the director didn't show any glimpse of style.

Oz had style, had a heart, amazing visuals, good/great acting (saying that Williams and Franco were awful is just wrong), very good score, etc.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

Jolie was the only good thing about Maleficent. script, acting, direction, visuals, humor, even the FX (and score to some extent) sucked big time + the director didn't show any glimpse of style.

Oz had style, had a heart, amazing visuals, good/great acting (saying that Williams and Franco were awful is just wrong), very good score, etc.

Franco was not charismatic enough as the lead actor. Williams was too serious. Kunis was a miscast. The whole movie felt flat. At least Maleficent had the Christening scene which was the highlight for me, nothing about OZ that I can remember.

• Like 1

I think it'll be a tight little race between it and Godzilla to get there. The big guy is still pulling in 200K days and ASM2 is under 100K days with much less theaters and more to lose than Zilla will. It's only a $4+ difference at present. 

In its 39th day both grossed 260-270k (ASM2 over Godzilla)

By then, ASM2 had grossed 196.6M, while Godzilla has grossed 195.2M. Godzilla is going to face TF3 this weekend. It will be difficult to have a drop better than ASM2  -51%.

Right now I see ASM2 with 202-203M DOM and Godzilla with just 200M.

• Like 1