CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

22 Jump Street, DOFP and Edge all holding relatively better than Dragon 2 indicates to me how kid-oriented TF4 played.I expect to hear soon about Dragon 3 moving out of summer, maybe to the holidays like KFP3 is doing. And no potential fourth movie- Katzenberg will let Dubois finish the trilogy and then greenlight Shrek 5 and Madagascar 8.

I was surprised at all of the kids that were in TF4. I bet more than half the audience was kids. If they did a movie on just Bumblebee, Brains and Wheelie, the movie would probably explode at the BO. The kids seemed to really get excited when the former two were on screen.

OK there are conflicted numbers for Xmen WW. Boxoffice is reporting

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST: $491.2M Overseas Total / $714.5M Global Total #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast

and Boxofficemojo is reporting

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' is now the #1 movie of the year with $713 million worldwide: http://bit.ly/1rMJikc 

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

The reason TF gets such hate is the pure laziness of the franchise. I can picture the first meetings for the new transformers going like this

Studio suit 1: So those china men love robots

SS 2: Yep so lets put the robots in China

SS 3: *snorts line of coke of hooker* And get some china peeps in it.....I'll check BING search engine

SS1: Yeah type in 'china people' or 'karate people'

SS 3: Fuck Yeah got a few

SS 1: I was watching discovery last night and saw dinosaurs can we get dinosaurs in this bitch.....bitches love dinosaurs

SS 2. YEAH and Spielberg must know some from when he worked on that movie schindlers list

SS 3. SO we got china karate people with dinosaurs....sounds cocksuckingly great

SS 1. We need a hot babe though. Anyone watch that Avatar movie?

SS 2: Yeah you want some blue bitches in this flick

SS 1. Nope I mean that Last Air Jordans movie.....got a young girl from that flick and she legal age....

SS 3. YEAH 

SS 1. DINO-KARATE-CHINA-HOT AIRBENDER GIRL- ROBOT ACTION...We gonna make the best movie since Freddy Got Fingered

SS 3. YEAH and Marky Mark owes me a favour so get his ass up in this bitch too

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 4

Thoughts:

Transformers 4 is obviously off from the previous films but that was expected. A $100M opening (yeah, sure) is still solid though for a third sequel that saw a complete cast overhaul. We'll see how it holds from here.

22 Jump Street has already outgrossed the first movie after only 17 days. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is definitely a disappointment at this point though, it might not even reach Kung Fu Panda 2's total.

Think Like a Man Too dived but was pretty much expected given its niche appeal. Looks like it's gonna miss the first movie's total by a pretty considerable amount. Okay hold for Jersey Boys.

Another strong hold for Maleficent, which has been the only movie to really develop legs this summer. Edge of Tomorrow unfortunately took a bit of a hit with the arrival of Transformers and will miss $100M. The Fault In Our Stars looks to top out with a superb $120M, while X-Men looks to at least crawl past $230M.

Yay, go Chef! I hope it makes it close to $30M.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has unceremoniously passed $200M. Godzilla looks to hit it eventually.

Strong limited debuts for Snowpiercer and Begin Again.

Maleficent did have a pretty good sized audience when I went by there Friday, and I even bumped into a co-worker who was taking his daughter, for the 4th time to see it.

• Like 1

OK there are conflicted numbers for Xmen WW. Boxoffice is reporting

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST: $491.2M Overseas Total / $714.5M Global Total #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast

and Boxofficemojo is reporting

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' is now the #1 movie of the year with $713 million worldwide: http://bit.ly/1rMJikc 

It's Puerto Rico.

No, really. Fox includes the PR numbers both in the DOM and OS numbers. That's where the difference comes from - BOM are the only ones to correct that.

Thank you Fake for the explanation.

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 2

It's an op/ed piece. That's his opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

He could have written about his opinion without insulting people who didn't share his view.

There's a different between saying 'this movie sucks' and 'this movie's made to please some morons'...

He could have written about his opinion without insulting people who didn't share his view.

There's a different between saying 'this movie sucks' and 'this movie's made to please some morons'...

The whole point of op/ed pieces these days -- for the most part -- is to incite opinion.

The whole point of op/ed pieces these days -- for the most part -- is to incite opinion.

Haha.

You mean to generate pagehits and/or sales (as the case may be)

• Like 3

It's Puerto Rico.

No, really. Fox includes the PR numbers both in the DOM and OS numbers. That's where the difference comes from - BOM are the only ones to correct that.

Thank you Fake for the explanation.

Oh darn I forgot about that. Now I have to change the title again in the Xmen thread, lol.

• Like 1