CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Since months and months ago. Evidently you haven't followed some of the weekend threads?

Just doesn't make sense to me. It's a LIVE sporting event, dude. If you're not able to watch it live, tough nuts. 

Heaven forbid that I read a box-office forum where -- for weeks and weeks -- people have been warned repeatedly not to discuss live sporting events.

I didn't say a word about the game, so I don't support the people that did. Just saying I would not trust people to control themselves in this scenario. Internet spoils everything.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure you can talk freely about them in the sports section of the site, where all of this stuff belongs anyway.

That's exactly right. There's a long, on-going discussion in the Sports thread, with plenty of live-action posting. You can also post here, as long as it's spoiler-tagged. We're actually very lenient about all this, which makes it all the more disappointing when people freely choose to ignore it.
  • Like 5

I can't speak for anyone else. But I've seen all the other action films in theaters, and despite their flaws, nobody does visuals better than Bay. He's one of the few directors that can get me to say "whoa" out loud in a theater.

Always wondered about this - Is it Whoa or Woah?

Deadline for some reason lowerd their Friday for TF4. Till yesterday they went with the studio's number of 41.6m. Today it's updated to 41.2m. Their Sat is lower too.

1). Transformers: Age of Extinction (PAR), 4,233 theaters / $41.2M Fri. / $31.8M to $32M Sat. (-23%) / $26M to $27.2M (-15% to 20%) / 3-day est. cume: $98M to $100M / Wk 1

Edited by a2k

Deadline for some reason lowerd their Friday for TF4. Till yesterday they went with the studio's number of 41.6m. Today it's updated to 41.2m. Their Sat is lower too. 1). Transformers: Age of Extinction (PAR), 4,233 theaters / $41.2M Fri. / $31.8M to $32M Sat. (-23%) / $26M to $27.2M (-15% to 20%) / 3-day est. cume: $98M to $100M / Wk 1

MovieCityNews, which does their own projections and estimates instead of relying on the studio's, posted a 40.9 Friday.
  • Like 1

I can't speak for anyone else. But I've seen all the other action films in theaters, and despite their flaws, nobody does visuals better than Bay. He's one of the few directors that can get me to say "whoa" out loud in a theater. 

The Visuals are great but the Plot/Story not so much.

MovieCityNews, which does their own projections and estimates instead of relying on the studio's, posted a 40.9 Friday.

:lol: :lol:

Will this even beat CA2 OW? :lol: 

But look at the other aspects of such thinking. The author makes a good point: the Transformers movies are popular because of the action sequences, but there are better action movies out there, so why don't people go to those?It's an interesting question at the very least, and suggests two possible answers:A) The Transformers films are actually better in terms of quality than people admitor B) Audiences don't really care about the quality of their experience; they just care about the familiarity.

That question ignore one important element, the subject matters. Do those "better films" feature the live-action Alien transforming robots in them?

The last time I checked, the only movie I could see the Transformers was, surprisingly, in TF movies.

When you like a movie stars you might see some bad movies simply because he/she staring in them, would you feel insulted if I said you're an idiot because of that?

• Like 2