BobbyJohn

By The Sea | Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt (Nov 13)

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20140703/local/angelina-jolie-and-brad-pitt-blockbuster-to-be-filmed-at-mgarr-ix-xini.526135

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt blockbuster to be filmed at Mgarr ix-Xini

Mgarr is-Xini will be closed for some days for the filming of an Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt blockbuster, Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said this morning.

He said the film will put Gozo on the map and it will be a very good advert for the island.

Dr Muscat said this was the first important blockbuster attracted to Malta by the current film commission.

Another film from China will also be filmed in Malta, he said.

Dr Muscat was speaking during a business breakfast this morning.

Disregard the 'blockbuster' part lol, I think the Prime Minister ain't aware it's not an action movie haha

• Like 1

It's happening! :wub:

Did he say when? If you're gonna open your trap, PM, at least give us some better deetz.

Can't find anything else, looks like it was just small mention on some business conference etc. Nonetheless, Prime Ministress of Malta will be there soon :worthy:

• Like 2

If E! is correct in terms of the shooting schedule then I presume that that would mean that Jolie isn't doing the Burton film which is a pity as I was hoping she would be doing that as that is supposed to begin shooting in August as well.I too read on L.A. Leakers that she was in talks for it so I'm wondering if she will be doing it ?

Edited by solvoexisto
  • Like 1

I really hope this isn't about some privileged but passive white woman who visits a 3rd world country with her husband and after meeting some refugees ends up "finding" herself and her purpose in life. I think Dame has some problems with subtlety. I don't want a heavy-handed message drama. 

• Like 3

I really hope this isn't about some privileged but passive white woman who visits a 3rd world country with her husband and after meeting some refugees ends up "finding" herself and her purpose in life. I think Dame has some problems with subtlety. I don't want a heavy-handed message drama. 

She already did that movie and it was called Beyond Borders and it was a disaster.

She fucking steps on a land-mine in the end. Da fuq?

She calls this one experimental. I hope she surprises us and it's not necessarily an "issues" movie.

• Like 1

She already did that movie and it was called Beyond Borders and it was a disaster.

She fucking steps on a land-mine in the end. Da fuq?

She calls this one experimental. I hope she surprises us and it's not necessarily an "issues" movie.

Yeah, I've seen that mess of movie. That's what I was referencing.  :lol: The Painted Veil with Naomi Watts is the good version of that story. 

• Like 2

I know it's somewhat off topic but has anybody heard any casting news on the Tim Burton film she was reported to be in talks for?

If news doesn't come really soon I'd imagine it's getting delayed. It's supposed to shoot late next month.

• Like 1

I really hope Jolie does the Burton film.L.A. Leakers (who were incredibly reliable) reported that she was chasing the film and we rarely,if ever,hear of her chasing an acting project.Her and Burton are a match made in movie heaven plus she would be a fantastic choice for the Miss Peregrine role.Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

I really hope Jolie does the Burton film.L.A. Leakers (who were incredibly reliable) reported that she was chasing the film and we rarely,if ever,hear of her chasing an acting project.Her and Burton are a match made in movie heaven plus she would be a fantastic choice for the Miss Peregrine role.Fingers crossed!

This gives me life. I feel like Jolie has re-discovered her passion for the business :wub:

• Like 2

What's the Tim Burton rumor and when/where did it originate? I'd rather have Angie in a movie by Spike Jonze or the Coens. Why doesn't she make those kinds of choices? :/ A lot of these smaller movies would literally require her to shoot for like 2 weeks. 

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 1

The rumor started with LA Leakers who, as solvoexisto said, are incredibly reliable.

They met up a few times when Burton was toying with directing Maleficent and Jolie seemed to really want him to do it. She must really want to work with him. And if Jolie is 'chasing' the movie then Fox and Burton would be idiots to say no, especially after Maleficent has done what it's done.

• Like 1

I'd rather have Streep play Miss Alma Le Fay Peregrine. Angie needs to get her action groove back. I loved her as Mal, but now I want her to remind us why she became a star in the first place. I wish she'd find an action vehicle that gets the glowing reviews that Edge of Tomorrow got (but better box office). Or, like I have said a million times, she would be awesome as Wonder Woman's arch-nemesis, The Cheetah. If she wants to do a drama with Pitt, why does it have to be some small, experimental thing? Why can't they try to find a high-concept thriller, or a courtroom drama that pits them against each other, or an original superhero property in which they play former lovers who now find each other in opposite ends of the superhero/supervillain divide??

• Like 2

What's the Tim Burton rumor and when/where did it originate? I'd rather have Angie in a movie by Spike Jonze or the Coens. Why doesn't she make those kinds of choices? :/ A lot of these smaller movies would literally require her to shoot for like 2 weeks. 

The story was reported by a group known as L.A. Leakers,a movie inisider site and probably the best I have ever come across.They were incredibly reliable.They reported that Jolie was chasing Tim Burton's film adaptation of "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children",it was also mentioned in the same report that Meryl Streep was being mentioned too.

A few days later another member of the group reported that Jolie was in talks about doing it (Streep's name may have been mentioned in this report too but don't quote me on it).

I hope shes does the film.Burton is of course a genius and they are a perfect match and the book is absolutely wonderful and though not an obvious choice to play Miss Peregrine I think she would be an inspired one and would be fantastic in the role.Fingers crossed!We should know any day now anyway as filming is due to start next month.

Edited by solvoexisto
  • Like 1

She didn't care about money or to do things that she already done. She refused: Snow white..., Wanted 2, Salt 2 and Gravity, only to name 4 big paychecks.If unbroken succceed, she will continue with directing, and only do movies that she thinks that are interesting (no action movies, for sure).Maybe, only maybe, she will do a sequel of Maleficent for her kids. And probably it'll not work, what they will do with Maleficent?

• Like 1

This gives me life. I feel like Jolie has re-discovered her passion for the business :wub:

Don't get excited, it may evaporate any second lol. Let's just enjoy the fact she will film act in SOMETHING soon and we won't have to wait another 4 years lol :lol:

• Like 2