Ezen Baklattan

BOF Riffing Club: Up Next - MOVIE 43 - Tonight at 11PM EST

That would be another good one. Even a lot of Christians thought it was bad. Having said that, I'm worried about it degrading into religious bashing.

If we do, we should probably stay away from bashing all of Christianity, especially considering Blank himself is an evangelical Christian. Edited by Alpha

I think I'll only throw out one other suggestion. It's called Don's Plum, and it starred Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire, and was filmed in 1995 but not released until 2001.

After Titanic turned ­DiCaprio into the King of the World, an ex-pal, director R.D. Robb, ­surfaced with this grainy black-and-white slice of lost-generation misogyny, in which the baby-faced actor (it was shot pre-Titanic, in 1995) and his ­posse of twentysomething L.A. pals bully the female characters, calling them ''bitches'' and worse. Not surprisingly, this was a movie DiCaprio didn't want his fans to see, claiming he made it as a favor for his friend and never ­expected it to play theatrically. After some ­legal wrangling, a settlement ensured that the film would never come to a ­theater (or DVD store or streaming ­service) near you. In fact, as part of the agreement it can be shown only outside of the U.S. and Canada.

Most Embarrassing ­Moment: DiCaprio, sporting a pair of novelty ­buckteeth, picks his nose, then eats his booger to get a laugh.

Edited by Alpha

When did he say that?

I would stay away from religious movies not to upset anyone. 

I kinda blew up at Alpha for making a movie that was literally the exact same as God's Not Dead in bias, except that it was against Evangelical Christians. Head over to my review thread in CAYOM if you want to see the full details

• Like 2

I kinda blew up at Alpha for making a movie that was literally the exact same as God's Not Dead in bias, except that it was against Evangelical Christians. Head over to my review thread in CAYOM if you want to see the full details

And the Kansas hate train continues.

Chugga chugga chugga chugga

And the Kansas hate train continues.

Chugga chugga chugga chugga

My Kansas hate train is just as valid as your hate train on God's Not Dead

That said, I wouldn't mind mocking God's Not Dead or any awful Christian movie because they are truly terribly made movies

• Like 3

As a suggestion, you guys shouldn't pick too niche stuff. It has to be "bad," but it also has to be relatively accessible and interesting.

For example, God's Not Dead, a couple people here would be really motivated because of the subject matter, but many others would be indifferent to the enterprise. It's a film Alpha wants because of how much he dislikes the message, but say someone like me, I just wouldn't give a shit about it and that would reduce my interest in participating in the riff that week. Likewise, picking obscure stuff most people haven't heard of, like that Jay Jay Jet thing or whatever Alpha posted, isn't going to attract much interest.

Likewise, you should occasionally pick more divisive films, to spur possible defenders to respond to the riffs during the riffing.

• Like 4

We should do a horror film sometime.I was thinking about feardotcom or One Missed Call.

Loving both those ideas. Even taking into account that it's a remake of a Japanese horror movie, when I first saw the TV spot for One Missed Call, I thought to myself "This seems more like a PARODY of Ring-type horror movies."And speaking of ridiculous telecommunication-themed horror, I will also nominate Pulse.And as to The Fifth Element: Do I enjoy it? Yes. Would I enjoy riffing it? HELL yes. Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2