#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

How (un)realistic were the apartements in Friends for people with average jobs and in the 20s/30s?

It was severely unrealistic. Hell, there was a good amount of time where Joey and others wouldn't have jobs for awhile and would sit at home. Please. You can't do that today, especially with how expensive apartments are (and not those big ones I'm talking about, I'm talking about the average small crappy ones you get).

• Like 1

It was severely unrealistic. Hell, there was a good amount of time where Joey and others wouldn't have jobs for awhile and would sit at home. Please. You can't do that today, especially with how expensive apartments are (and not those big ones I'm talking about, I'm talking about the average small crappy ones you get).

http://www.irealtytimes.com/articles/2741/20120827/friends-apartment-nyc-nope-realistic.htm

• Like 4

To be fair, Friends isn't the only one that does that.  How many characters in how many movies/television shows have small, tiny houses/apartments?  Not many.

Though theirs are certainly some of the most unrealistic.

Edited by Boner Omega
  • Like 4

How (un)realistic were the apartements in Friends for people with average jobs and in the 20s/30s?

Enormously unrealistic.  Most of them wouldn't be able to afford a 10 x 12 studio in that neighborhood, even with a room mate. More realistic would have been living on the Lower (very) East Side or - maybe upper Harlem - but if they wanted some space (like a bedroom) maybe Queens, the Bronx or Staten Island.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1