MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

A better comparison might be Jim Carrey in the 90s. McCarthy's still working her way through the ACE VENTURAs of the world.

guess this means she's playing the riddler when Batfleck gets his solo film. CAN'T WAIT.

• Like 6

Here is the deal. Melissa McCarthy has producing power in Hollywood.  As far as I know Ben Falcone didn't even direct a short movie but he got to direct a comedy for Warners as his debut because he is Melissa McCarthy's husband. She can make better movies if she wants to but she doesn't because they won't make as much money. Chris Evans used the goodwill he earned from playing Captain  America to direct a small independent drama . Jon Favreau's passion project was Chef. It is telling that McCarthy's passion project is the same character she plays over and over again. This is like Adam Sandler claiming Grown Up 2 was his passion project.

Or like Scarlett using her Marvel-ous new power to do stuff like Her, Under the Skin, Chef and Don Jon. 

Posted Image

[mod edit: SFW, please, guys]

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Putting aside the entire concept that humor is relative, I don't see how you can definitively arrive at that conclusion at all.

Box office draw of actors usually drops when they are outside of their comfort zone. It is safe to say that RDJ's The Judge won't make as much money as some of his other recent more commercial hit movies but he made the movie anyway.

• Like 1

Box office draw of actors usually drops when they are outside of their comfort zone. It is safe to say that RDJ's The Judge won't make as much money as some of his other recent more commercial hit movies but he made the movie anyway.

RDJ made THE JUDGE after more than a decade of huge paychecks. Is McCarthy not allowed to indulge herself in her given genre for a few movies before choosing to branch out in a different direction (should she even choose to go that route)?

• Like 2

Well Streep is just a bad example to use for comparison. Use someone from this decade at least. How about Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley? Jessica Chastain even. How do they compare?

I don't want to compare talent, I want to say, that it's sad, that McCartney has to be the fat farting character ever and ever again. I hate those stereotypes.

The 3 actresses you mentioned, they are beautiful and that's where it starts in hollywood and then you win the oscar for being brave, having the courage to play someone ugly.

• Like 1

RDJ made THE JUDGE after more than a decade of huge paychecks. Is McCarthy not allowed to indulge herself in her given genre for a few movies before choosing to branch out in a different direction (should she even choose to go that route)?

She can do whatever the hell she wants. I was responding to the commenters claiming she is a victim who cannot get other (good) roles because of her size.

• Like 2

If TF4 really is as low as 7m today though it's looking at a second weekend only about as high as 35m and possibly as low as 30m using the average '08 Thursday-Sunday holds (last time 4th fell on Friday).

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

God! why do I react so badly to bug bites.

If TF4 really is as low as 7m today though it's looking at a second weekend only about as high as 35m and possibly as low as 30m using the average '08 Thursday-Sunday holds (last time 4th fell on Friday).

Worse than I was expecting. 

• Like 1