La Binoche

Thurs #s (Deadline): T:AOE 9.45, Tammy 5.5, DUFE 2.6, ETE 2.6, HTTYD + 22 JS 2.5

Lucy 15-20m ow, 45-55m finish.

Hercules 25-30m ow, 65-75m finish

I think both have a shot at 100 m.

Limitless had no action and still made 80 m.

Ratner's Tower Heist was one of his worst movies and still made near 80 m.

I think both have a shot at 100 m.

Limitless had no action and still made 80 m.

Ratner's Tower Heist was one of his worst movies and still made near 80 m.

That is your opinion. The movie is actually fresh on RT (68%) and I remember WOM being good at the time. 

• Like 2

Lucy has 0 shot at 100m. Unless we have an adjusted gross discussion 10 years from now.

Neeson's star power took Non-Stop to 29m/91m. For Lucy to do something like that that would be insane.

• Like 3

Lucy has 0 shot at 100m. Unless we have an adjusted gross discussion 10 years from now.

Neeson's star power took Non-Stop to 29m/91m. For Lucy to do something like that that would be insane.

Conceptually, I'd say Lucy looks much stronger than Non-Stop.

Outside of Taken, Neeson's star power is questionable.

Lol at EOT increasing 55% when Tammy opens.. both Warner Brothers films. That 55% is laughable to me.

So that's laughable but TF4 being fudged so blatantly to $100m isn't? Being objective isn't one of your strong suits.
  • Like 4

Lucy looks like a sexy Babylon AD mix with flashy Transcendence, with a sprinkle of cliche Asian gang. Now that Scar Jo is with Marvel many thinks shes a BO goddess. And every time I watch a trailer on Youtube, the Lucy promos play, and IDK it may be the editing, but her line deliver is terrible. I hope its just the editing. Like, Tele, I say $60M tops. Trans didnt do anything for Depp and Baby didnt do anything for Vin. I love Scar Jo, but Lucy is too out there, and the R will hurt. Noe a BW movie I can understand...but not Lucy.

Begin Again is very cute. Pleasant overall and Keira Knightley = still the best

Also notable for having the worst beards in cinema history. Both Mos Def and Adam Levine look like Dave England at the end of Jackass Number Two,

I still don't buy httyd2 being better than 1, 2 was really good but it never reached the emotional heights of the first.The LEGO Movie was better than both dragons though.

That's interesting. I got way more feels from HTTYD2.

HTTYD2 has a solid emotional center which is something LEGO lacks completely.

• Like 1

I don't see Lucy making much more than $50m, tbh. Some might think it will breakout, but that has been said about many titles this summer and none of them actually did break out.

Cuz everyone is fucking tired of sequels and remakes and reboots and comic book movies. Lucy looks "fresh" by Summer 2014 standards. 

Cuz everyone is fucking tired of sequels and remakes and reboots and comic book movies. Lucy looks "fresh" by Summer 2014 standards. 

True, but being something "new" doesn't guarantee success either. Look at Edge of Tomorrow. While it's main premise has been done before, overall it was quite different from most other big-budget movies this summer.

Conceptually, I'd say Lucy looks much stronger than Non-Stop.

Outside of Taken, Neeson's star power is questionable.

Taken 1 & 2 are his biggest recent hits but they've made him a draw in a certain kind of film.  For lower mid range budget action films - I don't think there's an actor out there now with the consistent draw of Neeson. 

The Grey: Budget $25m/ U.S.:$50m/ WW: $77m

Unknown: Budget $30m/ U.S. $64m/ WW: $131m  

Non Stop: Budget: $50m U.S. $92m / WW: $199m  

None of these films is of a known property, high concept or from a even a mid level director - it's all Neeson kicking ass. He has the kind of drawing power Stratham et al wish they had

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1