#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

... I don't want to sound bad, because I get your point. That said, I'd much rather have a quality movie win the summer (be it Apes, DOFP, or heck, even Guardians), than a bad movie. Maybe then studios will be encouraged to release more blockbusters that are worth time to actually watch.

But quality is relative isn't it?  Let the movie going public decide if a movie is worth seeing or not. Its their hard earned money and they deserve the right to decide if the a movie is worth it or not.

Why are we now questioning the box office when previous summers Transformers won it and it had a much lower score than Maleficent? Passive aggressive sexism at the box office forums, wtf. 

They deserved to lose.

Not saying they didn't. I just need to see Ed Wood at some point. I know Landau is supposed phenomenal in that too.

I watched "When Harry Met Sally" the other day, and when I looked up Billy Crystal's acting credits on IMDB, he never actually featured in a lot of movies despite When Harry Met Sally being a big romantic comedy that everyone knows. Any reason why he wasn't more popular? Or didn't feature in more movies?

Hm. I always viewed him, Carrey, Martin, Williams, and Murray as a quintet of epic comedy in that era *shrug*

I think I'm done with Spider-Man films for the time being

I'm done with expecting a quality Spider-Man movie, but TASM2 was good in the sense that there are so many "WTF DIRECTOR" moments

Now it’s time for “From Person a to Z” with your host…. Dr. EugeneThe scene changes to Dr. Eugene sitting on a chair with a mike in his hand, standing next to him is a man holding a stuff bear.Dr. Eugene: My name is Dr. Eugene and today I’m going to be interviewing Paul.Bernsie the Bear: And Bernsie the Bear.Dr. Eugene: And yes, Bernsie the Bear. So tell me Paul what is your lifestyle like, where exactly do you live?Paul: I live in an apartment, located near a… police station, it’s a nice place, occasionally my neighbors will greet me, and everything seems to be pretty perfect.Bernsie: Oh shut up. It sucks, the whole place sucks. The kitchen barely works, the TV is broken, there’s nothing to do, the bed’s fall constantly fall apart, the neighbors don’t help us, instead all they do occasionally say things “Your leg smells bad”, and “Mind getting out of the way dummy”.Dr. Eugene: I see, now tell me what usually have for dinner.Paul: Mmm, some very lovely tasting spaghetti, occasionally I got other things to eat as well.Bernsie: its suck, we have a banana for breakfast, Peanut Butter and Jelly for lunch, and Chicken for Dinner. The three exactly same things every day, the cycle changes once and a while, but usually we get food from some crap junk place.Dr. Eugene: Oh, now we that got that question out of the way, let me ask you, what exactly do you for a living?Paul: I don’t really have a particular job. I just have jobs that don’t usually last any longer than a week at least. It’s not really that bad, it’s just that I can’t seem to keep my jobs for some strange reason.Bernsie: The jobs usually suck, why should I work on something extremely hard, especially something I didn’t go to college for, when I can just sit on my ass and watch cartoons all day? It really diminishes my talent.Dr. Eugene: So for our next question.Bernsie the Bear: I’m tired and sick of being interviewed, I just wanna sleep.Bernsie just looks at Paul.Paul: But Bernsie I’m sorry.Bernsie: Sorry’s not gonna cut it, when we get home I’m cutting your allowance in half.Paul: NO! NOT ANYTHING BUT THAT!Dr. Eugene looks miserable.Dr. Eugene: I guess that concludes today’s installment of From Person a to Z.

*claps*

• Like 1

SHARLTO COPLEY

You guys remember how Flintstones, Brady Bunch and Addams Family movies were big in the 90s? I think there needs to be a Wild Thornberries live action movie, and I know just the role for Duke Sharlto

Trance is still boring.

Gonna watch the two Brady Bunch movies instead, so underrated.

I'm psychic y'all

• Like 1

lol dw that's doesn't sound bad. I actually liked Maleficent but I see your point about wanting quality movies to win. But honestly if I have to choose between Transformers and Maleficent to win the summer Maleficent wins by a mile. 

Haven't seen Transformers yet, so I can't argue. I will say that if I had to choose between Maleficent and TASM2, then Maleficent does win at least in that scenario :P

Why are we now questioning the box office when previous summers Transformers won it and it had a much lower score than Maleficent? Passive aggressive sexism at the box office forums, wtf.

So me not liking a movie that has a female lead is sexism? Okay then. Let's ignore the fact that Gravity was my favorite movie of last year, and before the Frozenite force arrived, I was a huge Frozen fan too. Catching Fire was also the best traditional blockbuster last year.I wasn't around previous years for Transformers movies, but if I was here in 2009, you can bet that I'd be hating on Revenge of the Fallen as much as, if not more, than I'm hating on Maleficent. So please don't fucking slander me and call me sexist for actually having a differing opinion than yours on a movie. [mod edit] :) Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 5

OMG what a revolutionary week for me

First I started a derail that caused a daily thread to closed; then, I got my first mod edit

I'll be good from now on guys please don't ban me

• Like 1

But quality is relative isn't it?  Let the movie going public decide if a movie is worth seeing or not. Its their hard earned money and they deserve the right to decide if the a movie is worth it or not.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Do we have thread devoted to documentaries?

I think it's a thread exclusively to members who are less than a decade away from approaching 50. Tele, baumer...and that's it.
  • Like 3

In some box office related news, Michael Bay is now the second highest grossing director OF ALL TIME (insert Kanye West joke here)

Row Person
(Click to view)
Total Gross # Movies /Average #1 Picture Gross
1 Steven Spielberg $4,155.9 27 $153.9 E.T. $435.1
2 Michael Bay $2,047.0 11 $186.1 Transformers 2 $402.1
3 Robert Zemeckis $2,038.9 16 $127.4 Forrest Gump $329.7
4 James Cameron $1,974.3 9 $219.4 Avatar $760.5
5 Peter Jackson $1,879.6 11 $170.9 Return of the King $377.8
6 Ron Howard $1,833.7 21 $87.3 The Grinch $260.0
7 George Lucas $1,743.9 6 $290.7 The Phantom Menace $474.5
8 Tim Burton $1,738.5 16 $108.7 Alice in Wonderland $334.2
9 Chris Columbus $1,671.5 14 $119.4 Harry Potter / Sorcerer's Stone $317.6
10 Christopher Nolan $1,628.5 8 $203.6 The Dark Knight $534.9

Posted Image

• Like 3

... I don't want to sound bad, because I get your point. That said, I'd much rather have a quality movie win the summer (be it Apes, DOFP, or heck, even Guardians), than a bad movie. Maybe then studios will be encouraged to release more blockbusters that are worth time to actually watch.

How many times did people complain about Iron Man winning the year before it didn't? I don't feel like any amount of complaints against Maleficent will see come close to the shit Iron Man 3 got.

I think it's a thread exclusively to members who are less than a decade away from approaching 50. Tele, baumer...and that's it.

Well, I'm less than two but more than one... I'll take it as a no, anyway. Thanks.

• Like 1

So me not liking a movie that has a female lead is sexism? Okay then. Let's ignore the fact that Gravity was my favorite movie of last year, and before the Frozenite force arrived, I was a huge Frozen fan too. Catching Fire was also the best traditional blockbuster last year.I wasn't around previous years for Transformers movies, but if I was here in 2009, you can bet that I'd be hating on Revenge of the Fallen as much as, if not more, than I'm hating on Maleficent. So please don't fucking slander me and call me sexist for actually having a differing opinion than yours on a movie. [mod edit] :)

Gravity didn't come out during the summer and I didn't read any of the whining, hand wringing & mind blown post from any of the fanboys here about the success of the Transformers. Its like its totally acceptable that male driven movies can suck the ass of anything but movies by women should be held to a higher standard. And posters here have the right to whine, whine and whine some more about Maleficent's success but totally forgot the pile of shit we had to wade through every freaking year of male-driven movies.
  • Like 1

How many times did people complain about Iron Man winning the year before it didn't? I don't feel like any amount of complaints against Maleficent will see come close to the shit Iron Man 3 got.

/bites tongueI'm an admin. I'm an admin.Hey look, what's that over there?
  • Like 3