#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Gravity didn't come out during the summer and I didn't read any of the whining, hand wringing & mind blown post from any of the fanboys here about the success of the Transformers. Its like its totally acceptable that male driven movies can suck the ass of anything but movies by women should be held to a higher standard. And posters here have the right to whine, whine and whine some more about Maleficent's success but totally forgot the pile of shit we had to wade through every freaking year of male-driven movies.

FWIW, for the most part, I don't think people bitch about movies here from a gender perspective, just about what they like and what they don't. Most were thrilled that CF beat out IM3, for example.
  • Like 7

FWIW, for the most part, I don't think people bitch about movies here from a gender perspective, just about what they like and what they don't. Most were thrilled that CF beat out IM3, for example.

Thank you for that, maybe this summer is just not the best time to be here.
  • Like 1

/bites tongueI'm an admin. I'm an admin.Hey look, what's that over there?

I'm just saying. Most of the board shit all over IM3 all year long. So Maleficent is getting shit for a few weeks now, nobody will care once it leaves the theater.

I was not. I would have rather IM3 or Frozen had taken the domestic crown and CF take the WW crown. I don't really care about WW.

Dat competition, man...brutal.But I think yours is higher-quality, more thoughtful, mature entertainment, while The Aveng...err, the Forum Games are more appealing on a basic level.  :ph34r:

Anddddd Reddevil's dead.
  • Like 5

Yeah, I'll cosign this post

For example related to Maleficent kinda, last summer I bitched about World War Z all the time because it was shit. That's a male driven blockbuster. Same with DM2 last summer or even a little bit of Hobbit 2/Thor 2 in fall. All male driven films that were just as shitty as Maleficent IMO

And also Iron Man 3, because I didn't like it until DVD

Edited by Blankments

To counter your point:

1. Mal wasn't supposed to be as big as it has become.

2. Mal is much bigger than Oz on a WW basis.

3. Underwhelming career? Well, sure if you ignore her +$5 billion worldwide gross.

4. Jolie may not be as big in the US (for some lame reason) as she is globally. That is why I said she's arguably the biggest global superstar. Only a few can compete with her and they're all men!

p.s. If Jolie isn't a box office draw then no other female actor is! But that's just your opinion and (based on what I've witnessed) NOT a fact.

Maleficient is a $200 million Disney film in a genre that has done well. How big was it supposed to be? I looked up her box office. A lot of commercial oriented films. A few decent hits (Wanted; Mr. & Mrs. Smith; maybe the Tourist) others where she is just along for the ride (Kung Fu Panda). Hardly the stuff of "the biggest female star."