#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

those increases make no sense. Last time the calendar was like this everything jumped 50-60%

Most of those movies weren't making much that weekend though (2008). The only movie makig a lot was Hancock and it only increased 39% that Saturday.

Anyways that was 6 years ago when legs were far better than today. I told you all TF4 was dropping 65%+ this weekend and not getting more than a 2.4x multi. It's pretty much impossible in the summer these days to go much above that with a big opener unless WOM is out of this world.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

those increases make no sense. Last time the calendar was like this everything jumped 50-60%

And that last time at band camp on the 4th nobody wanted to go during the day not like this time Edited by Rth
  • Like 9

Most of those movies weren't making much that weekend though (2008). The only movie makig a lot was Hancock and it only increased 39% that Saturday.

Anyways that was 6 years ago when legs were far better than today. I told you all TF4 wasn't getting more than a 2.4x multi. It's pretty much impossible in the summer these days to go above with a big opener unless WOM is out of this world.

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2008-07-04&track=wall-e.htm

every movie from Wanted to Get Smart to The Incredible Hulk to Sex and the City had giant Saturday increases at the time

• Like 1

Also totally sticking by what I said last weekend that Maleficent will beat TF4 DOM. Watch it happen folks.

I haven't seen Maleficent, but I hated TF4, so I would love for that to happen.  :)

• Like 3

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2008-07-04&track=wall-e.htm

every movie from Wanted to Get Smart to The Incredible Hulk to Sex and the City had giant Saturday increases at the time

I didn't say they didn't have big increases, I said they weren't grossing much.  It's much easier to have a big sat increase with a smaller gross.

• Like 2