CJohn

The Purge: Election Year | July 1, 2016

4 hours ago, thunder storm said:

it's a joke? $78M OS would be absolutely fucking amazing ! 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=purge3.htm

30mal9x.jpg

All three movies have cost a total of 22 million (I don't know about marketing), and have grossed a combined 350 million dollars.

Nice fat little franchise, eh?

Edited by Cochofles

Purge has become Blumhouses new franchise du jour.. I happen to Love Purge Anarachy...and Grillo is aces.  But is is the peak right?  Maybe not, I said that about Anarachy.  But if this isn't, the next one is.  Still, Blum...you did good.

On 06.07.2016 at 10:09 AM, DAJK said:

Honestly, I'd love to see a prequel of the very first Purge where it shows how America in general reacted to the first Purge.

well, someone read your mind:P

This morning, I had the pleasure of diving deep into the world of The Purge thanks to a phone interview with James DeMonaco, and after discussing many aspects of the franchise (including the developing television series), I asked what he could tell me about The Purge 4. In addition to explaining that he will probably only write or produce and not direct the sequel, he told me that the plan for the next movie is to have it be set years before the first three films, dissecting how things managed to fall apart and let Purge Night become a thing. Said DeMonaco,

I don't think I'll direct it. I would actually go back and I would try to talk about how it all started. That seems the natural next chapter in this, is to say, 'Alright, we've done this trilogy. We see how it got to this point of someone trying to end it - this presidential figure. Now let's go back and see how the fuck all this came about.' How did this country get to a place where we were now accepting this kind of atrocity, this terrible thing, each year? I think there's something interesting in that. I don't think I'll direct, between you and I. You can print that, I mean. I'm thinking of maybe writing or at least producing it, to make sure it stays true to what I like about the movies.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1561600/this-is-what-the-purge-4-will-be-about

• Like 1